Dive Gear Cheaper In Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We always check out the dive stores just to see what they have. From what I've seen, at best you will get about the same prices as in the US (depending on where you live of course). Selection and brands are very limited. Spend your time in Cozumel enjoying the diving and the island. Buy your gear at home.

Buy your gear at home. You won't save any money by buying it here and you will have less selection here.

I know it seems wierd considering that this is a diving destination...but it is an island and a tourist location as well. Getting things to the island is more difficult and involves more expenses which is always built into the sales price.

However, if you like SHerwood, my friend Hernan has a shop and sells Sherwood BCD's, regulators, etc. He also carries Akona wetsuits, bags, etc. His prices are actually very reasonable, although still a little more than you would pay in the US.

His shop is called the Sherwood Depot and he is located on Av. 15 between Calle 5 and Calle 7. His shop hours are 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

Last time I was in Coz, my first stage started giving me trouble. I took it to Javier to see if it could be fixed and he said it could not. So I bought their first stage for a very, very, reasonable price - well under $100, as I recall. It works great. That gear storage is a good idea but only if you know for sure your next dive destination is Cozumel!

Ron Brandt:

MMM:
Last time I was in Coz, my first stage started giving me trouble. I took it to Javier to see if it could be fixed and he said it could not. So I bought their first stage for a very, very, reasonable price - well under $100, as I recall. It works great. That gear storage is a good idea but only if you know for sure your next dive destination is Cozumel!

I can't believe we agree on something MMM :) ???

I can't believe Javier could not fix the first stage....

BTW, I am now ,in no way, associated with Planet Scuba.....

Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom