Scuba Tricks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
What are your favorite scuba diving tricks or silly things you do underwater. Some Blow bubble rings others take off their fins and walk on the sand. Do you have a favorite you do or have seen done while diving?
A fun one I do sometimes is while everyone is getting on the boat I take off my fins and inflate my BCD and walk upside down on the bottom of the boat. Hard to balance if the sea is rough and extra hard on a small boat.
I bet there are some good ones out there?:crafty:

Not really a trick...more on the silly side....but....I do enjoy flying in the current close to a sandy shallow bottom. Nothing to run into... The faster the current the better. I pretend I am an eagle ray !!! The ride is exhilarating ! Sue

Too funny!!! I'm such a newbe that I haven't had the chance to aquire too many "sins"...But I'm a good study! LOL!! I could picture a diver walking upside down on the bottom side of the boat! It would be a great shot especially with the fish swimming around right side up. I'd love to hear more.

Not a tick more of a silly thing. My instructor would take his reg out of his mouth stick out his tongue and shack his head wildly. He did it when we looked nervous or confused. For some reason I started to do it and still do.

My husband likes to take off his mask, take out his reg and show those big pearly whites to the camera!

...and others have to do with post-dive activities. We can talk dirty underwater and no one knows.

Until now! :cool2:

My favorite is "underwater rock climbing." But standing on the boat sounds like fun as well.

Ken

A fun one I do sometimes is while everyone is getting on the boat I take off my fins and inflate my BCD and walk upside down on the bottom of the boat.

Wow. I have too much respect for what a propeller can do to various and sundry body parts in the blink of an eye to even think about doing this. I'm surprised that you as a DM would do such a thing. If the captain had to move the boat for some emergency I doubt he would first wonder if there was somebody up against the bottom of his boat, upside down with no fins on..... especially not the DM.:confused:

This is SUCH juvenile humour, but I just about drowned laughing anyways.... I was ocean diving with a close buddy (he's like having an idiot little brother with you), just after he had done his cavern course, so we were all about hand signals...

He swims frantically right up to me (facing me), and gives me the "something's wrong" hand wiggle. I look at him, and he is pointing his finger straight at me - like a kid pretending they have a gun - which I immediately understand, as the two of us are apparently sharing a brain.

It is the universal sign for "pull my finger".

So I pull his finger...........

We are trimmed out perfectly horizontally, and he has his octo ready, bum tilted up a bit, octo held down low, and releases some air. Which, of course, being air, follow the quickest route to the surface, which happens to be.... yup, looked like the world's biggest underwater fart.

Seriously, I almost drowned. And, of course, since we are mature adults, we now demonstrate this for others if the safety stop is a little boring...

I love the fart trick. I may have to try that someday with some poor unsuspecting random diver. Very nice!
I love that too Sue Sue. It is one of the best parts about drift diving. Try it next time upside down and try and drag your hair in the sand. Seeing the world flying at you inverted is almost disturbing.
No worries Jayjoans. I didn't mention that my captain always turns the motors off when loading people back on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom