Visiting The Silent Evolution from Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surfette8

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Have our first trip to Cozumel planned for 12/27-1/2. Yay! We were interested in going to dive The Silent Evolution in Cancun as well. Does anyone have any info on if this is doable for a day trip and if they have a preferred dive operator?

Thank you for any help!
:)

Wasn't aware the artist had finished the project in Cancun.....should be an interesting side trip.

We dove the Sculpture garden that he did in Grenada last November. For those that are not familiar with the projects, there are pics of the Grenada site in our gallery below.

Mike

MobileMe Gallery

Have our first trip to Cozumel planned for 12/27-1/2. Yay! We were interested in going to dive The Silent Evolution in Cancun as well. Does anyone have any info on if this is doable for a day trip and if they have a preferred dive operator?

Thank you for any help!
:)

We were over in Cancun doing the Whale Shark excursion a few months ago and asked about this dive. The operator we were with said that it was not completed yet and that there were only a few sculptures actually there. He also indicated that there were some issues and it may be awhile before it is completed. We didn't actually do the dive, so I cannot confirm this as fact - but he indicated that it was kind of a joke in the area.

I think that if it was finished and if it was all that it's planned to be - we would be hearing A LOT more about this. But if you do it - please report back!!!

I can guarantee you that no Coz operators are taking boats from here to Cancun to do this dive (or any dive) it simply wouldn't make sense due to the time and fuel involved.

Pretty shallow...

IMG_1322wtmk.jpg

9 meters (about 30 ft) deep.

I wasn't expecting much until I looked at the artist's website. The work is good and not kitschy or gimmicky, which is what I would have expected. It looks as though he puts a lot of thought into the work and that there is real substance there. I'd like to see it. I don't know if I would give up a day of diving in Coz to do it, but if I were staying on the mainland I definitely would. The piece "El Coleccionista de Sueños" looks interesting too.

Thanks for everyone's help! We might not want to give up a day of diving in Cozumel to do this dive, but I'll let you know if we do! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom