El Cid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone used the dive shop at El Cid? Thanks

I stayed at El Cid In January the dive shop is small and they were not very nice to me. They have a tiny rinse tank and from what I could see not much of a business. With a ton of ops out there I'm sure you can find one that fits your needs. I used Liquid Blue and they picked me up right on the dock at the hotel.

Used Babieca in the past and will do so again. No issues and they allowed myself and wife to dive our own profile and use our own smb for boat pickups, as we usually outlasted others on the boat on air consumption, and both are us photographers

Last edited:
One of the DM/free lancers I go with had hooked up with Babieca last year. Very nice boats, good capi, and 2 nice big beach towels provided for you on the boat (courtesy of El Cid I'm sure). One day there was an issue of not having nitrox tanks that had been requested by a Babieca client. Many apologies and it was corrected the next day for the guy. Overall I got a good feeling from the shop.

I'll chime in. been diving with Babeica for about 5 years. Fast boat, 8 max divers , you dive your tank. Luis the dm will usually ask where you want to go. Boat does not usually leave till 9 am. Fruit, water, and some type of bread on boat. Good op.

Just finished a week of diving with Babeica. We have been there for 4 years in a row and wouldn't dive with anyone else. The boat leaves at 9:00 right from their dock. So there is time for breakfast and with a fast boat like the Tara II, we still were at the sites ahead of other shops. Juan Carlo is the manager of the Dive shop and if you email him ahead of time he will put you on the boat for the 1st day. Luis is the DM there and I can't tell you how much I appreciate his love of the sea life & reefs. Very patient with newbies, and doesn't tolerate idiots. Are you staying at El Cid? If you need more info on anything please feel free to pm me.

Back
Top Bottom