Dive Land Park (Glencoe AL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Britt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I spoke with John Valdez today, he told me he is reopening the quarry in Glencoe to the public only on weekends. He said admission will remain $20 per diver. He will be open this weekend (30 April, 1 May) and each weekend afterward during the dive season. I didnt get a lot of detals, but he is open. You might consider filling tanks before you go, I asked about the compressor but the weather wasnt making the conversation too easy and I think he said he was working on getting everything running.

If you go, please make sure you let John know how much we appreciate having it open again.

This is the old Dive training magazine link. Dive Land Park AL page

Britt - that is GREAT news! Glencoe is a fun place and offers a lot to divers of all skill levels. I plan to check it out in two weeks (already have plans for this weekend). Thanks for the news!

Regards,
ltstanfo

Looks like a nice dive site. I may be making a drive down from TN soon.

Great news Britt. I live just a couple of minutes away from Dive Land but didn't get my OW cert until right after they closed!!! (Talk about being frustrated when I returned home and heard the news.) With them being back open, I now have a great place to practice my skills.

If anyone is looking for a buddy to dive there send me a shout. :coffee:

Thanks for the info. A buddy and I are driving down on Fri from TN. I guess we will go to Dive Alabama now on Fri instead. It will REALLY suck if I only get one dive there on Sat.

FYI, the compressor is up and running. I talked to John Valdes (and Jim... his brother? friend?) shortly after reading this post and I made it a point to ask about the compressor. Give them a call at 256-492-4455.

If you are having problems finding the place, it's on Webster's Chapel Road off of Hwy 431 and just south of Glencoe. (2 or 3 miles south of Glencoe?) There is a sign near the road saying "Foggy Hollow". That's an annual bluegrass festival so the signs are always left there. That's the road you take. Next, look for the boat sitting on the side of the road.

I live closeby to Blue Hole and just recently became certified and was wanting to go dive there. I would be in need of a BC, reg, and tanks. Can these items be rented there or can someone point me somewhere I can go nearby to rent them for the day?

Yes you can rent equipment there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom