Going Dry...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well you talked me into it, I'm going dry. I really have to stop reading this forum everytime I do it costs me money.

I contacted Mike from diverightinscuba and went with the White's fusion after reading so many good things about their shop and the suit. Mike is very responsive and was a pleasure to talk to. I can't wait to get it.

I am going to take a DS class as soon as I can schedule it but in the mean time does anyone have any good web sites I could visit to read a bit on DS diving and proper use and techniques?

Best Regards

Thanks for the information. I will defenitely be posting a review once I get it and get a chance to dive it. The anticiaption is getting rough, lol

Regards

welcome to the dry side...

I'll be interested to see what you have to say about your transition to dry suit diving with the Fusion. I have this suspicion that it will be much easier to switch to this suit than it is to the average dry suit, but I'm waiting to see what some people like you have to say.

Thanks for the reply's. Hopefully we can get in the water by early April before I go on vacation if not it will be late April. The lake is still frozen over and I am not up for a new suit and ice diving for the first time.

I have started to dismantle my old rig to make two out of it. One for vacation diving and one for the dry suit. The way I had it worked better for cold 7mm semi dry diving but was a little overkill for diving warm water.

I have a slimmed down transpac with a HH Eclipse wing, HH tank bands, an sta and 32lb DR weight pockets. So I just ordered an HH BP, weighted STA and harness which I will put my current wing, weight pockets and bands on. I now have to find a small wing for the transpac for vacations. I was thinking either the little DR one or the Oxycheq Mach V 18lb., then I just need smaller weight pockets and I should end up with two more job suited rigs to dive. Any input on these set ups would be welcome.

Anyone have a good place to order Oxycheq online? No one around here sells their products.

Best Regards

Good luck. Mike at Dive Right in Scuba gave me terrific customer service.

I too recently made the switch to dry but (damn it) have been blown out on the last two attempts. Maybe next week!

Dave,

Hopefully it works out on the next try, you know what they say three times is a charm. I will be anxiuosly awaiting your inpout on your first dive with it. Mike is great for sure, it is no wonder they get so much business.

Regards

This suit is in my plans, too...Selling my very expensive and beautiful custom bass to afford it (and the rest of my gear). It's okay. It was to pretty to play.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom