White Fusion neck seal options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently acquired a White Fusion Tech. I did a test dive over the weekend and realize the neck seal is a bit too loose for me: water sip through when I move my head. I need to replace the neck seal. It seems I have 2 options: 1) replace neck seal with a new one. 2) go with neck tile/quick neck.

I was thinking about neck tile/quick neack option, but I read people have issue with the ring being too stiff (neck tile) or too tall (quick neck). I want to hear more feedback about this. I also wonder how this neck tile compare to DUI neck zip seal ring? I have been using DUI and haven't had issues. So I guess as long as it is not worse than DUI, I should be OK.

The flat ring is fairly wide and it is very stiff. I do not notice it in terms of discomfort with the shoulder straps, but it significantly impacts my ability to reach across my body or behind me to my valves. Of course, I am very small-framed and narrow in the shoulders, too. On the other hand, it truly is a nearly trivial matter to replace a seal with it, and the silicone neck seals are awfully friendly.

I haven't ever tried the new one with the higher profile. I worried, when I looked at it at DEMA, that it would be uncomfortable if harness straps went across it, but I haven't read any reports of anyone using it to find out if that is a legitimate worry.

I had the quick neck installed on my whites suit a couple months ago. When I first put it on I completely panicked that I was going to notice it all the time and subsequently hate my drysuit (which I adore). I haven't even noticed it since then, except very occasionally when I'm wearing a sidemount harness on land with weights on the shoulder straps. And even then it goes away when I adjust the weights over a little. It's small and really flexible, and I haven't had any discomfort while wearing my backplate and wing or back inflate BC. Dive Right In Scuba does a lot of installs and they do a fantastic job. Their customer service is also amazing. I highly recommend going with them if you decide to do it.

I believe Si-Tech has a newer version that is supposed be more flexable. I have the older version on my bullet and love it. I am 5'9" and sometimes when I wear the weight harness it will catch the edge. I just reach over and pull the suit up a little higher and I don't have any more problems. The first time you have to change a seal in the 'wilds' versus not getting to dive you'll praise what ever god(s) you want that you did it. I like the silicon as it fits like a glove. I have even found a source for blue seals so I can continue a joke about being color coordinated :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom