Need advice on on mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Shark

Reaction score
Ok I am trying to replace my dive gear and I am starting with the mask, snorkle and fin's. I am looking at different one's and I keep looking at SCUBA TOY'S web site. I am looking at the TILO M580 FULL PANORAMIC MASK or just getting a simple TUSA PANO GEO MASK ( I used this one when I took my classes and certifaction and I liked it also. )

I was wondering if anyone of you have used the TILO M580 and if so could you give me some feedback on it, I am also looking for a good snorkle and I am looking at one of the DRY SNORKLE'S.

I would like some feedback on some very good fin's as well, I am looking for some really good fin's that will not put alot of stress on my leg due to injuries from the sandbox. I am looking at getting some SPLIT FIN'S since they seem to not put alot of stress or fatige on your leg's.

Any advice or info would be really welcome as I know alot of you have more time in the water as I do and have had a chance to use some of this stuff.

If you are looking for split fins, I know many divers are impressed with their SP Twin Jets they come in both negative buoyant (black) model and positive (yellow and grey) models. I think they also have them in blue but don't know the buoyancy characteristic of it.

Heard that Atomic Splits are nice too.

The above split fins all comes with full-foot and open-heel versions.

Tried a few split fins myself but ain't impressed with them because my personal preferences are toward stiff paddle fins, namely the Jets.

Ok thanks the last set if fin's I had were the regular type of fin's and not the split fin's. I will see if I can try some of them at my LDS, I was thinking the split fin's might be a little easier on my leg.

I like the Oceanic V12 split fins
Some people think they are too soft, but I prefer them over the stiffer bio split fins.
I'd like to try the Tusa Xpert Zoom Splits Which I saw at divers direct for $100 just the other day.

Oceanic also makes a good dry snorkel, but IMHO most stores charge too much for dry snorkels.

Hope this helps.
Wys.

wysmar I have been looking at the TUSA fin's also and I am leaning toward's them for my fins, I am also leaning toward's the TUSA PANO GEO mask, I know this mask is really good as I used it through my classes and for my certication dive's and I liked it very much.

Cant help ith the mask however if you need a fin that is easy on your legs go with a split fin. I dive the apollo Biofin and it is by far the best fin I have ever dove.

If you like the SP Twin Jets go one better and try the SP Twin Speeds.

They are bigger and stiffer than the Twin Jets, but still a split. I have bad knees and I love them. I do all the kicks (frog, helicopter, etc) with them.

I will double check my LDS and see what they have on the shelf, then I will see what I can try out and see which one will work for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom