Where to find information/definitions of all equipment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lardo5150

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
With me moving up to AOW, and really wanting to keep going, I am starting to think about investing into my own gear.
I know the basics, but I am looking for some reading on details. I ran a search and did not find what I was really looking for. I also dont want to keep asking the same questions as other "newbs" eyebrow

Basically, I am looking for a good read online, that will explain the ins and outs of our scuba gear. For example, I was on scubatoys looking at regulators, and some were being beefed as "steel" regulators. Well, what is the difference? I never knew what "less volume mask" was until today also.

So if anyone has a link, or anything else to point me where I need to be, that would be great. Might also be a good idea for a sticky :D

and for LOTS of detail just keep perusing the gear forums here on SB - enough info to keep you out of trouble (and away from diving) for weeks :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom