Are these scuba or snorkel fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they fit and move you threw the water then they will work.

In my opinion full foot fins are pool fins. In the ocean you use open heel fins and boots. Now of course a lot of people will tell you I'm wrong, but real fins you can use in any situation have open heels and boots and then some other little things. (I'm not getting in to the discussion of split fins)

I think you'll find they're snorkel fins - shorter, wider and less efficient with a full set of dive gear. So you may work harder than with the splits. Can't hurt to try since you own them.

I have seen prospective students come in with those and others that are similiar. Sorry to tell this but it is junk. Proper use for them are as toys for kids. Not well made and unreliable. Buckles are weak cheap plastic. I would not trust them for scuba.

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will keep them as snorkel fins. The split fins are exhausting! :( I just got certified, maybe my kick needs work.

Maybe one of the best in the world ... Pro Fin and yet really short :)
I agree but they're also $289+ not $36.10 including the mask, snorkel and bag.

Better design/materials involved from Bob...

---------- Post added August 26th, 2014 at 11:15 AM ----------

Thanks for the reply everyone. I will keep them as snorkel fins. The split fins are exhausting! :( I just got certified, maybe my kick needs work.
How are you kicking them? Try a flutter kick with a very narrow up/down range and let the fins do the work. Mine are generally effortless - when I switch to paddles they may be more maneuverable but the next day I can tell I did. Kicking Techniques for Every Occasion

Those are snorkeling fins. Typically they don't provide sufficient thrust for diving.

I recently bought the Tusa Z3 split fins for diving but I'm finding that it takes so much leg work to thrust me forward. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What do you mean by "leg work." Do you mean your legs work too hard (per kick) or that you have to kick too many times to move?? Think of it like a car or bicycle. Is your complaint that you're in 6th gear and would prefer 2nd gear, or that you're in 1st gear and would prefer 4th?

This is educational,,, I thought snorkle fins were longer than scuba fins and freediving fins longer yet.

Back
Top Bottom