Eurojacks/SeaTech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vr24

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post here :)

Anyways, was planning on diving Dania tomorrow, never done it... Wanted to do the Eurojacks on 1 tank, and the seatech ledge on the 2nd tank.

From reading a little, it looks like each is about 400-500 yards out? Thats a good swim... is it reasonable to do both in one day or will I be half dead?

Also, directions say eurojacks is at the north end of the dania beach parking lot, seatech is on the south end... I don't want to get lost, any visual pointers or better instructions/directions would be awesome, thanks a lot everyone, nice to meet you all.

vr24:
Hey everyone, first post here :)
Welcome :)

vr24:
From reading a little, it looks like each is about 400-500 yards out? Thats a good swim... is it reasonable to do both in one day or will I be half dead?
Well that depends on you now doesn't it. :-D Time at least one of the dives with the tide to help you out. Also keep in mind that sometimes there's a quite strong longshore current. Sometimes.

vr24:
Also, directions say eurojacks is at the north end of the dania beach parking lot, seatech is on the south end... I don't want to get lost, any visual pointers or better instructions/directions would be awesome, thanks a lot everyone, nice to meet you all.
The jacks are easy to find as there are a couple (or maybe one) of the jacks on the beach, just find that and swim due east. The ledge is on the south side of the pier. There's reef out there you'll find it. heh.

If possible I recommend taking a kayak. Or if you can, do some freediving. Both will get you more time to see the good stuff. That ledge is awesome by the way.

For the jacks: Park as far north in the parking lot as possible. Gear up and head out, tranversing the sand to the other side of the pier. The state park used to be closed, and you could not set foot on it, but I do not know if that is still the case or not. If it is, you will see a fence where the park starts. Regardless, head in a NE direction. The jacks are a few hundred yards north of the pier, starting in the sand and heading East to the ledge.

For the Ledges to the South: Park as far South in the parking lot as possible. Gear up and use the entry at the south end. There is a sign that indicates where to enter. It is a good swim to the ledges. When we have gone, we head slightly north.

Good luck and let us know how it was.

thanks a million for the advice... my friend is heading over right now and we are gonna go out.

I'll let ya know how it goes, hopefully conditions are ok.

So i'm back, it was a bit rough, but not that bad, we only did the jacks, as the walk was pretty absurd just to get there, we were dead tired after getting back.

Seems easiest to get in the water about 20 yards S of the jacks on the beach, swim out 100-150 yards then head N until you find em... we couldn't find them for a while swimming straight out at the jacks.

Visibility was about 2 feet for the first 100 yards, then about 10-15 feet after that... We spent too much air finding them, that we didn't have time to swim to the end where the ledge reef is supposed to be.

And skipped seatech all-together.

My question, is there a reef thats worth swimming to the end of the jacks for? And, is it worth doing sea-tech as well as the jacks?

I think you have answered your own question. Doing both those dives on a single day will tire even the best shore divers-unless you have a kayak or scooter.
The reef at seatech is very nice. The jacks are the highlight of the north side of the pier. I have always wanted to start at the jacks, hit the ledge and follow it down south to the end of the parking lot, but that is best planned for a nice calm day, no current, great vis, and a good buddy.

Finding the jacks seems to be no easy task either, I know plenty of folks who have missed them, and in low vis, its even tougher!

That would be an awesome dive jenny, I'd be down for something like that. Hopefully this summer will bring us some calm months for some long distance dives like that.

You're on! Now just need good weather, calm seas and low air consumption! :D

I'm down for that :) too.

How far out is the ledge really? And what should I expect to see there? How far past the end of the pier?

quite a ways :). I would not suggest doing this (planned jacks to end of parking lot)dive if you are a new diver or an air hog. It is a long ways to the jacks, then to swim out and south and back in will be a good 1 1/2 -2 hr dive! The biggest concerns would be a change in conditions, or getting low on air. You cannot dive from Dania Beach, so the only entry and exits are north and south of the parking lot. Oh, and boats. Gotta be wary of the boats.
Now, who's still interested???

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom