Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: daytona beach dive report for friday, 4/22/05

Registered

Has not set a "status"

daytona beach dive report for friday, 4/22/05

My dive buddy and I hooked up with one of his friends who has a boat. We decided to skip out early on work for what might be a nice dive in salt water, as we are both sick to death of springs. Daytona's viz has been notoriously crappy as of late, and every time we schedule a dive the seas suddenly surge from 1.5 foot waves to 12 foot waves. This time it was different, the atlantic was reasonably smooth and at first glance it seemed fairly clear.

After running the coastline a bit in hopes of finding some manta ray we headed out to dive spot #4, which harbors the Maxine D. This was a multipurpose dive - I wanted to sightsee and my buddy wanted to shoot some fish. We dropped anchor, and could see the anchor line for probably 40 feet until it vanished into nothingness.

End result: we did 2 dives, each for about 25 minutes each. My max dept was 84 feet, I would estimate the vis on the bottom to be 10 feet at the most. I hung around the anchor line for the most part, my buddy hunted a little bit and ended up with 2 flounder. The boat owner went down with us as well, he bagged a total of 8 flounder and one gigantic grouper. There were lots of potential sandwiches on the wreck, and the bottom temp was 68 which wasn't bad suited up. With the low viz, D was eerie and much like a ghost ship. Oh, and no current on the first dive. The second dive ushered in the beginnings of the front that was moving in and getting blown off of the wreck was really easy.

It was a good dive.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I know what you mean!!

I too am getting sick of spring diving, and did the maxine d this weekend. what a great dive. 2 dives 25 min each. baracoda were circling on the way up, and jelly fish. The ship is beautiful great sea shells. I cant wait to do more salt water dives

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by peengers
    My dive buddy and I hooked up with one of his friends who has a boat. We decided to skip out early on work for what might be a nice dive in salt water, as we are both sick to death of springs. Daytona's viz has been notoriously crappy as of late, and every time we schedule a dive the seas suddenly surge from 1.5 foot waves to 12 foot waves. This time it was different, the atlantic was reasonably smooth and at first glance it seemed fairly clear.

After running the coastline a bit in hopes of finding some manta ray we headed out to dive spot #4, which harbors the Maxine D. This was a multipurpose dive - I wanted to sightsee and my buddy wanted to shoot some fish. We dropped anchor, and could see the anchor line for probably 40 feet until it vanished into nothingness.

End result: we did 2 dives, each for about 25 minutes each. My max dept was 84 feet, I would estimate the vis on the bottom to be 10 feet at the most. I hung around the anchor line for the most part, my buddy hunted a little bit and ended up with 2 flounder. The boat owner went down with us as well, he bagged a total of 8 flounder and one gigantic grouper. There were lots of potential sandwiches on the wreck, and the bottom temp was 68 which wasn't bad suited up. With the low viz, D was eerie and much like a ghost ship. Oh, and no current on the first dive. The second dive ushered in the beginnings of the front that was moving in and getting blown off of the wreck was really easy.

It was a good dive.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

So tell me, just how does one get sick of diving springs? I've been trying my hardest for the last 12 months, with no success, LOL.

Good trip report, thanks.
    We be buggin'!!