Need some pricing/equipment info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Well a buddy of mine came on some hard times and needed to borrow 100$. Helped him out but now he cant pay me back. So i agreed to take BC and reg set off his hand that he never used. I have been wanting to start scuba diving for a while but never had the money.
Basically Im trying to figure out if i got ripped of for 100 bucks or did i do ok with this negotiation? And if these are good for me to start with?

The BC is a U.S. Divers Sonic 2- looks a little old but looks as if it has hardly been used
The Regs are U.S. Divers Pioneer- every thing on them look fairly new, just a little dusty from being in storage for about 4 yrs.

Before I use any of this im going to have it serviced and checked out for safety, but did i do ok or not?

Thanks for the help!

Anybody? just need to know if i did ok?

Your problem started when you loaned your friend the money...

:shocked2:

...and it went downhill from there.

How much is it going to cost to make the gear "diveable"?

You didn't do any functional tests on the gear before agreeing to the deal, so you might encounter a nasty surprise when you see the repair bill...or the gear could be 100% functional without any additional costs at all. You won't know until a technician takes a look at the stuff.

I'd look at it this way: you helped out a friend in need. In return, you got some scuba gear that might get you started in a great sport.

Was the stuff you got worth a $100? I have no idea. Check out Ebay to see what sort of prices people are getting for that kind of gear on the used market.

Yea thats what my main concern is but i was assured that they are all in working order just overdue on service. Ill let u guys know how it turns out!
Thanks for the help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom