Use of Tank Bangers and Rattles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shouk

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
I am an avid diver and on recent dive trip saw tank bangers in use for the first time. I just happened that I am in a marketing class and we have to "market" a product. I am hoping you all could help out a fellow diver and maybe future entrepreneur.

Do you carry and or use an underwater signalling device?

What type do you use?

What do you think of the product below? It is a combination rattle/tank banger that is about 1 ft long.

How much would you spend on a product like this (no cheating to see the real price)

Thanks
Shouk

Tank Banger.jpg

Gavstang, Thanks for the message. I am merely marketing the product not creating it. I took a while to find it online. The whole point of the project, to clarify is to market a product, not create one.

Thanks again,

I think its a hypothetical project gavstang

OP:
No I don't have a signalling device, but I have a pointer I could whack my tank with if I wanted. U would pay no more than $15 for any such device. Probably more like $10 since I know they are probably worth $1.50 ha

Nothing - hate them. Those who carry them tend to over use them. Not a particularly useful answer for your purposes, but it is an opinion shared by many.

If I was stuck with a buddy who carried one, I would pay him to leave it on the boat. I think $2 per dive would be a fair price.

u got to sell it also as a pointing device, a muck stick and a underwater conductor's baton

I don't use one, and nobody I know uses one.
I wouldn't have a good frame of reference to be able to guess a price.
If I were on the price is right.... I'd say $12.99. :)

I hate them. They make way too much noise, and they're usually overused. If people used them 'properly', only for emergencies and very rare sightings, then I can handle that. But I heard a tropical DM do it every minute or so, whenever he saw a different animal. Holy crap, that was annoying. Because it's underwater, everyone can hear it.

Plus, I'm almost always relatively close to my buddy and I glance at him multiple times each minute. If my buddy wants to tell me something, he can easily just signal me and vice-versa.

Back
Top Bottom