Newbie here! Questions about some gear. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Landshark-

Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick question.. does Dacor make good equipment? I'm getting certified soon and found a good deal on some Dacor stuff. Obviously, I am new to diving, so I want to be sure I am buying quality equipment that will last me a couple of years. I will be diving quite a bit but not every weekend. Just wanted to be sure Dacor made good stuff before I just threw out a wad of cash. Thanks for any responses in advance! I will be frequenting these forums from now on as they appear to be the most professional and busiest set of forums I've seen yet.

**edit**
Sorry for posting here.. didn't realize there were so many forums! lol. Got ahead of myself.

I own alot of Dacor stuff and up to a year ago would have yes but not any more. Dacor has announced they will no longer supply parts and service for their older equipment even thou it had a "lifetime warranty" . Read the thread "dumped on by diving companies again" to see what I'm talking about ...........

-Landshark-:
Just a quick question.. does Dacor make good equipment? I'm getting certified soon and found a good deal on some Dacor stuff. Obviously, I am new to diving, so I want to be sure I am buying quality equipment that will last me a couple of years. I will be diving quite a bit but not every weekend. Just wanted to be sure Dacor made good stuff before I just threw out a wad of cash. Thanks for any responses in advance! I will be frequenting these forums from now on as they appear to be the most professional and busiest set of forums I've seen yet.

**edit**
Sorry for posting here.. didn't realize there were so many forums! lol. Got ahead of myself.
dacor was bought up by mares,guess the eqipment is somewhat alright(recreational diving) but a pain to get serviced/part supply.Would i buy Dacor,no i would not. There,s plenty of other manufacturers you can choose from.My opinion only,you could take some more courses before buying your stuff,cauz equipment is included (most stores)in a particular dive course.It gives you the oportunity to check out different gear and make up (or build up) your own opinion about differend types of gear.If you rent gear and pay boat fees for a day worth of diving=about+/- 100 bucks/depend on store,figure it out yourself.Tip;if you take another course e.g advanced or nitrox with your current store,then i,m sure that the store owner will give you a break anyway.If not then change the store!!Peace! :crafty: :eyebrow: :wink:

-Landshark-:
Very well said Quarrior. Thanks.
I'm glad you found it of use. Good luck with your diving Landshark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom