Best credit card to earn miles to fly to best Caribbean places

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live in Philly usa.

What's the best credit card to earn miles to fly to best Caribbean dive or snorkel destinations?

I have miles n more card but they only fly to Jamaica, st Lucia and Trinidad.

I wanna fly freely to TCI , Belize, Bonaire etc. !

Pls suggest. !

I would assume that you have US Air miles ..... They are hoping to merge with American so that may help you.

I have used Delta fly to Belize, Bonaire and Roatan.

What's the best credit card to earn miles
No blackout dates, no airline restrictions. Free concierge service worldwide.

AMEX-centurion-black-card.jpg
If you have to ask you can't afford it^^ :rofl3:

What's that Capital One Card Alec Baldwin advertises on TV? No blackout dates and any airline?

I've been able to get to several destinations in the Caribbean on USAirways Miles - including Turks/Caicos. They fly there thru Charlotte. Grand Cayman also.

Bonaire is generally Continental or Delta thru Houston or Atlanta. Or Insel but I don't think they have a card.

If you decide to go to Roatan, that's either United, American or Delta.

If AA/USAirways do merge, you can also fly into Curacao on AA then puddle jump over to Bonaire. It's $42 mid-week one way - more on the weekends.

There's two USAirways cards, a Visa and a Mastercard. I forget why now but one of them is slightly better so read the fine print.

I also had the AAdvantage card but never accumulated enough miles for anything useful - except magazines.

Last edited:
Who has more flights out of Philly? AA & USA, United, Delta.
Go w/ their program.
AA & US Airlines have already mergered to become the New AA.

I use the AAdvantage card and almost every shop purchase goes on it. Last I checked I was coming up on 100,000 miles. 35k is a free trip. I go to Grenada regularly and usually fly in from Miami, sometimes Puerto Rico. American Eagle bounces around some of the islands but I'm not sure the full list of them.

I have a Capital One Venture Card. This has zero fee and no blackout dates. Miles also accumilate pretty fast. Though if you are using this card for airmiles I would recommend saving enough to travel to more expensive destinations than the Carribbean.

have used AA and United frequent flyers miles. AA used to go to Bonaire now just to Curacao. Have used them for both. Have been using United miles to go to Bonaire--now using them for 5th time. Its a red eye and have had spotty luck with them in the summer. 2 of 3 flights have been a day late. hoping that next one friday works without a hitch. You of course need to check what airlines go where you'd like. Continental has merged with United. they fly from Newark and Houston to Bonaire, its a red eye going down. Not everyone is happy with that. Enjoyed AA but not as happy going to Curacao.

United is the best. Easiest to use miles with though booking in advance is key to using miles with any airline. United always seems to have the shortest durations too when using miles (at least where I travel to).

The special credit card offers master thread [Subscription] - FlyerTalk Forums

The link above takes you to a list that people update constantly about great credit card deals that are currently out.

I'm not sure about this but I think if you get both a business and personal credit card from the same company at the same time, your credit only gets hit once. Go to a Chase bank and they can tell you if this is true or not - they will match any deal you find on the web and show them anyway so you can get personal help from them. Chase is the one offering the best United deal right now where you can get 50K miles after spending $2000 in 3 months. Have yourself and your wife get this card (stagger if you can't spend 4K between the two of you in 3 months) and put both of the extra miles you get onto one mileage plan number (I did this with AA miles, I'm pretty sure you can do it with Chase - but just check with the Chase bank employees before getting the card to be sure). This way you have 100K miles just with getting the new credit card alone.

If you/your wife get both the business and personal cards, you can have 200K miles total for free (provided you spend a certain amount on your credit card).

Why go to the carribean? I know you can go to Palau with 70K united miles - I already found the flights for myself though I decided I wasn't good enough of a diver to go there yet.

Good luck.

Geez... having a choice between United and American... they're both maybe a step above Spirit. We used to have a Delta Amex card - flew for free to Istanbul and some other places. But ya have to fly Delta. Plus the idea of an annual fee just irks me somehow. I'll fly one airline a lot in a short period of time - this year, I think I've done 8 US Air flights and 12 JetBlue. I do like flying JetBlue.
Now we just have the Venture card, even with Alec Effing Baldwin doing the commercials. No blackout and I can use it on any travel expense. So far, so good. Oh, and no currency exchange ripoff charges. Watch that one overseas.
If I get ticked at Cap One, I'll look at the BofA travel card. It seems to have the highest point multiplier, but as always, there's usually a catch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom