travelling solo - shore diving at cobalt coast area (tech divers dive shop)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello everyone
gonna be staying close to cobalt coast resort in a week or so. wondering if the dive shop there (tech divers) has a system in place for divers travelling alone to meet up with other solo travelers or groups willing to allow them to join in.
i probably won't be able to afford boat diving so the shore diving seems like a great way to get some time in the water. i am assuming they will not allow solo diving there. and to be honest i don't really feel like carrying a pony and extra regs on this trip anyway. plus, i am not familiar with the area so solo diving would probably now be the best idea.
any advise appreciated

rick

Rick

CITA (Cayman Island Tourism Association) forbids solo diving so for that reason Divetech will not permit people to dive alone.

The shore dive sites are well frequented and often people show up on their own and just hang out till they see someone heading out and then just ask them if they can tag along. This will likely not be an issue for you for recreational dives but for tech dives (if thats what you are looking for) it will be much harder to find a buddy like that.

Having a drink in the bar in the evening is a good place to meet people that are diving and you'll likely find that most shore diving takes place in the afternoon as people will be out on the boats in the morning.

Drew

Back
Top Bottom