In Kuwait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear all

I am new in Kuwait. If you have any information about diving in Kuwait please help me up. If you have any information about Diving sites, Diving centers or diving stores.

I feel that there is something wrong. I didn't get to close to water though, but there are not so many people on the beach even when the wheather is too hot.

Have fun diving and have a nice day

I dunno but it may have to do with the fact that these people are nomads and therfore HATE the sun! I am in Pakistan and sunny weather here is a reason to stay home! Just like in the West people say its so nice and sunny outside, we in Pakistan say its so nice and CLOUDY outside. I am thinking since Kuwait is hotter than Pakistan so that could be the reason.

Also, I have never been to Kuwait but I am thinking women cant slip into 2 piece bathing suits and lay there cuz norms of decency are different. And since there are no naked babes that by default would result in a deserted beach (cuz most men come to watch female bodz!!!)

Thats just my analysis. :crafty:

ADIOS

I have only been to Kuwait two times but I noticed that the have things backwards. They all sit outside after dark on the sides of the roads (downtown). I think this is their idea of a picnic. I don’t mean any of this in a bad way but what can I say, I am from the USA and we have a totally different culture.
In my travels I saw nothing to do with SCUBA while I was there. All I can say is that Kuwaiti’s partake in boating.
I think, like you probably know, there is the whole issue of skin in public. I don’t know if this has anything to do with SCUBA diving or not.
Next time I go over there I am planning on researching the issue. Sorry for now.

I am from Egypt and I have just moved to Kuwait last week looking for job, But I can't live without scuba diving in my life. When I came to Kuwait I didn't find any sign of scuba diving. Thats why I am asking you guys if you have any information about diving in Kuwait.

The thing about going to the beach there at night is because of the sun and high temperature, and there is other reason is because ladies should not show there skin in public. its a religious thing.I know that you didn't mean anything wrong. you just don't know and I am here making things more clear for you. This is what is this board about.
The latest news I HEARD that they open a national marine park in 2003. But I don't know its name. If I know anything new about diving here I will keep you updated. By the way I knew this information from this board.

Perhaps you can ask around in regards to dive clubs instead of dive centers.

I wonder if KOC has a dive club?

Will you please help me out, what is KOC????

Gehadoski,

You may want to post a question on the Middle East diving forum (yeah, I know, for a long time countries in the Middle East were considered part of the Orient, ie, east of Europe). You probably will get some more replies there. Good luck in finding some dive sites. I feel your pain whenever I'm at a place where nobody's into diving.

KOC = Kuwait Oil Company.

Some of the major companies have their own "out side work activities" to keep their foreign staff happy. I am not saying KOC has a dive club, but it just might have one.

When I was in Balikpapan recently, all three major oil companies Total, UNOCAL and Pertamina there had their own dive clubs. Even in remote Bontang gas plant they had a dive club.

When I was in Brunei and Miri, the oil company there also had a dive club... etc. So I kind of associated sea side oil companies with local dive clubs.

Hala Gehadoski

Ana Jalal min Dubai. I don't know if kuwait has any nice sites to dive. did you try any of the centers Padi gives on their site??

Jalal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom