Sorong Outbound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dor1813

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all

Anyone who has been to R4 recently and how is the situation at the airport outbound? Some said it's been smooth sailing but some said it at least 5 hrs for the possible flight delays.

My return flight from Sorong is 1140 hrs (Sri Wijaya) arrive Jakarta 1455 hrs.
Should I book my next flight at about 1700 hrs or 2000 hrs?
I wish to be home early but also not be stranded at Jakarta airport if i missed my flight.

Spring was fine when we were there just after Christmas, the flight left on time. Definitely e cut things too fine though , I would book the 20.00 hours onward flight to be sure.

+1 for tippy. I really do not like the red eye flights, nor dealing with the Jakarta airport. Now I take a direct flight Sorong to Makassar. The following day, I take a direct flight back to Singapore. Maakassar airport is new and much nicer than Jakarta or other alternatives.

+1 for tippy. I really do not like the red eye flights, nor dealing with the Jakarta airport. Now I take a direct flight Sorong to Makassar. The following day, I take a direct flight back to Singapore. Maakassar airport is new and much nicer than Jakarta or other alternatives.

I did not know that there were now direct flights between Singapore and Makassar. I was under the impression that from Singapore one could only fly to Manado before going on to Sorong. I decided against that because a lot of people told me to avoid Manado Airport where most delays occurred.

In any case, my flights are booked now, all the way from the UK to Sorong and back on Garuda. I have allowed sufficient time between flights.

For our Ambon-Sorong crossing trip, we will return to Singspore via Makassar. We will take a direct flight in Garuda from Sorong to Makassar. The following day, we are using Singspore airlines direct flight back home to Singapore using frequent flyer miles. This is my attempt to avoid Jakarta. We will fly Lion Air to Ambon via Jakarta. I might even check my bags from Singapore to Ambon. What a minute, that plan sounds a bit worrisome...

I would have liked to avoid Jakarta Airport too but coming from the UK the flight times were unsuitable to connect via Bali on KLM. Moreover, when I booked the flights, Garuda was doing very good value promotional rates for the newly started London to Jakarta route and I could not resist taking advantage.

But if there is going to be a direct flight from Singapore to Makassar (high time there was anyway), the best route for Europeans would be on Singapore Airlines (with their new 30kg check-in luggage allowance for economy) to Singapore and then on to Makassar with the luggage booked through. From Makassar to Sorong there would be several options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom