Best tank for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ELNINO06

New
Reaction score
I am new to diving and want to purchase a good HP steel tank that will make it easy for me to stay under a while or do two short dives. I have been reading that the OMS 131 would be good and can even get 175 cui at 3500 psi, but I was reading that Faber has a new 152( I believe) that might be nice. What is the best tank for me to get to hold the most air? Will I have a problem getting my local dive shop to fill a HP up to 4000 psi? Should I wait until I can find a pair of say used 110's? Please help me because I don't want to make the wrong decision here. Thanks, Bob

Welcome to the Board!

Well Bob. What is your height? Are you tall enough for the big-daddy volume tanks? They are great for bottom time, but put stress on the back to lug around. Have you considered the good old lp tanks and then getting them over pressurized too? Tom Winters is a true believer in the lp tanks and swears by them. He gets tons of bottom time compared to us on AL 80's and hp steel 100's. I Don’t remember what size lp tanks he has though, sorry.

-=ben

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Sorry, but I don't know much. I just take the biggest I can find at the Ops when I arrive somwhere. The folks who hang out on Tank forum and help you. How about completing your Dive Info & Profile so you'll get better answers.

I'm packing for Cozumel - leaving tonight - but wanted to say Hi. :wink:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom