So here I am! Excited? I am! (Miami)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryancp76

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What's up?

My career finally landed me here in Miami. Been back for about 10 months now.

My scuba career currently consist of 3 dives. I was certified about 2 years ago. I forgot about 90% of what I learned in my classes. I just did a dive off Key Biscayne a week ago (3rd dive). Got a brief refresher from a instructor on the boat that day. If anyone has some advice on getting the newbie info again (hand signals, checklist, emergency procedures, etc.) with out retaking the course that would be great.

I already have my own gear. Just the basics, all Sherwood. No computer yet.

I have to say this board is really impressive, almost intimidating. Lots of info but sometimes I have no clue what everyone is talking about? Even if I didn't scuba, I could hang out with everyone here cause you all sounds so friendly.

Looking to get some more dives done in the near future so I can come party with ya'll.

There are refresher courses available, but I would start by re-reading my ow material then decided if I needed just a refresher or if a full OW would be better.

My scuba career currently consist of 3 dives. I was certified about 2 years ago. I forgot about 90% of what I learned in my classes.

Sounds like a refresher course would be a very beneficial thing for you to do, for your safety as well as your next dive buddy's safety!! A little money spent now will be a big pay off later!

There are refresher courses available, but I would start by re-reading my ow material then decided if I needed just a refresher or if a full OW would be better.

Great advice here! But I think a refresher would do yeah! But reading up on basic scuba skills if not a bad idea.
And ...
Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom