Solo's 1st Post & Planning 1st Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElvisC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to this board, so I'm not sure where I should post this. I'm planning my first trip, married but will be going solo. I am comfortable in the water but have very little diving experience. What would be a good start? I've been looking at Belize, Bonaire, Caymans and Cozumel. I'm leaning toward Bonaire, but would really appreciate your thoughts. A second question: I am thinking that it would be best to book a trip through a shop so I will easily find buddies. Am I right about that? Thanks.

REGIONAL TRAVEL AND DIVE CLUB section under the heading Mexico will give you the most information. Welcome to SB and have fun.

Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
Big_eyed.gif

Cozumel. See that forum...

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help? Helpful Hint: I have UserCP bookmarked as the page I go to first when I come onto SB.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom2.gif

[/c]

Elvis,

You can book through your shop, but there are A LOT of "solo" divers that come to Bonaire, and meet up with other divers. Most if not all dive operators have single diver boards, where you can put up your name and level of diving and you can match up with other divers. Also, like with us, a lot of single divers meet up with other divers at breakfast.

I honestly do not think you will have problem AT ALL meeting other divers to dive with, whether you choose to book through a shop nearby your or book direct, and then meet divers down here. I know people who have made lifelong friends from other parts of the world who met on Bonaire!

Please feel free to PM me with any questions about Bonaire, I will try and do my best to answer them, you just ask here!

Liz

Back
Top Bottom