Looking to go ice diving in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi fellow divers!

I am new to diving-- getting my cert in Thailand. I love all activities in water and spend most of my time in water-- this was just an added bonus. Now that I am back in Ontario until I visit Costa Rica in January-- I thought ice diving would be a great way to keep me busy and excited about this new sport. My instructor suggested I try it out here. I am looking for schools or groups that do this type of diving, when it is typically done, and who would be interested.

Cheers,

Christina

Christina,

Give us a break, the water just warmed up! Just kidding.

Welcome to S.B. !

Seriously though at 0-24 dives going under the ice is a little too technical too fast. Under the ice more than anywhere you are likely to run into problems and having more experieince is important.

Check in with your regional forum and see what is available. Most ice diving settings around here are centered around certification classes. For that I think AOW was a prerequiste when I did it. They will allow open diving with a waiver and ice diver C-card.

I Canada you will have more luck finding groups setting up ice dives in a purely recreational context. It is a cool experieince in every way. It can be done wet but diving dry sure makes life easier.

Pete

Pete

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom