New Diver- PADI Certified Tomorrow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johntoca

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone.

I am a new diver from Florida and have 1 open water dive left which is off a boat tomorrow. If all goes well I will be certified after the second dive from the boat! I am from the north so when I moved down to Florida I had the opportunity to do something I have always wanted to do. Scuba Dive! So far everything has been great, just came back from a dive earlier today where visibility was terrible; but I guess that's good practice, since after all, I am still learning. Hope to meet some cool people down here, if anyone in the local Sarasota/Tampa area is looking to get out there, feel free to give me a shout!

I did purchase my own gear that way during the class I have been able to use what I will be using for some time. Here are the products I got, please feel free to chime in on if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with these items. Thanks!

BCD: Aqua Lung Axiom
Regulator: Aqua Lung Kronos
Mask & Snorkel: Mares
Wetsuit: Henderson 3/2 mil
SPG: Sherwood Insight

Congratulations! Just keep diving!

Hi John, Hope you are now certified. I am going to Spain to complete my 4 open water dives. Can you give me a run down of the tasks you performed and any tips please.

Thanks
MARK..

Welcome to scuba! You are going to love it, especially being near the warm Florida waters!

Nice job on the product selection! If you take good care of it, get it serviced, then it will give you YEARS of fun.

cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom