greetings from canary islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stabat Mater

Registered
Reaction score
I started diving '92, later got married and had 2 kids, now starting to dive again after the kids are less demanding. Also had a back operation (disc hernia). Taking it easy and diving when the oportunity arises. ¿What is the age for a kid to start diving?.

I have an aladin pro computer that I bought when I started diving. Later when I married i moved and I live at an altitude of 550 m. I wait for the no fly warning to turn off before getting in the car (up to 1 or 2 h depending of the dive. manual says its ok to go up to 4000m if the no fly sign is off). I'm trying to gather information about if my computer is reliable (compared to new computer models) and if the new models on the market would give me the same time for no fly after dive.

Stabat Mater:
I started diving '92, later got married and had 2 kids, now starting to dive again after the kids are less demanding. Also had a back operation (disc hernia). Taking it easy and diving when the oportunity arises. ¿What is the age for a kid to start diving?.

I have an aladin pro computer that I bought when I started diving. Later when I married i moved and I live at an altitude of 550 m. I wait for the no fly warning to turn off before getting in the car (up to 1 or 2 h depending of the dive. manual says its ok to go up to 4000m if the no fly sign is off). I'm trying to gather information about if my computer is reliable (compared to new computer models) and if the new models on the market would give me the same time for no fly after dive.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Your computer's manual sounds like it's way off for the 4,000 meter altitude; today, Divers Alert Network suggest 12, 18, 24 hours before ascending to 8,000 feet, which is less than 3,000 meters!

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd fill out your Profile - so we can respect your training and experiences, or be courteous if you're a newbie?!

:D

How Is The Diving There In The Canary Islands, I Am Planning On Coming And Need To Know When Is The Best Time To Come, The Weather Temp And Water Temp. Also Is There Anything To See In The Water

carlreid:
How Is The Diving There In The Canary Islands, I Am Planning On Coming And Need To Know When Is The Best Time To Come, The Weather Temp And Water Temp. Also Is There Anything To See In The Water
Stabat Mater joined in April, and unfortunately failed to come back.

However, a new Auto Search feature was added this past weekend that pulled up 3 others threads related to the Canary Islands. See the bottom of this page. :cowboy:

carlreid:
Welcome to ScubaBoard!
Looks like you may need to pay several visits to the equipment section. THere are several threads there, one specifically for computers and gauges, you'll find the reall knowlegeable folks congregate around there.
You'll have you're questions answered often in detail there.
Hope to see you around the board often.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction:
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

I've deleted my answer to the poster's question since this was an old thread and it appears that this member is no longer with us.

Christian

Oops... I hope he didn't follow the advice in the manual.

Don, when are we going to the Canaries? They count as an African dive!

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom