New to forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
This is my first time using any forum. I have been diving for the past 5 years, mainly in Northern California with a few trips to warmer waters.

I have read some of the threads and response and think that it is great that there are others that are willing to help out.

I am looking to get a digital camera for all around use, travel, snow boarding, and of course diving. I am thinking of getting an Olympus C-60 and eventurally want to get a strobe set up for is as well. Is there anyone out there that is currently using a C-60. If so how do you like it, and is there anything that I need to look for?

Is there anything specific that I should be aware of when considering any digital for underwater use?

Thanx Kris K

Welcome Kris... love your music & movies...LOL :wink:.

Check out a site called wetpixel.com I think that's it... when I get home I'll put the link up.

Welcome to the board,
Grier

Big Aloha to you from the Sunny South Shores of Maui! Digi is the way to go. My suggestion is to start out using just the built in strobe /flash. This will help you to learn about how the camera works, how long the delay is, etc. Then when you get comfy with the unit, try adding on a sub strobe. There are lots to choose from. I'm sure some others here at the Scubaboard can steer you in the right direction.

Aloha and good luck with your new camera!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

I carry a Diving/ Digital camera, and there is some hope that I may actually learn to use it someday. My work is very amateurish! And I have switched it to Land mode at the end of a dive day or trip, but - after I have closed the waterproof case while I'm in the air conditioned room, I do not want to open it again outside in the humidity. It will take a land shot while on Sea mode and still in the case, but some quality is going to be lost.

I also feared losing camera is I took it on other outings, so - I spent $100 at Walmart and got another Digital camera that uses the same batteries and cards as my Dive camera. Just one more toy. Yet, if I was going into a jungle, or snow skiing, or anywhere else the camera might get even a little wet, I think I'd carry the dive camera, in Land mode, but inside the waterproof case.

Now, we do have a photography forum. I've never gone in there, since I don't think I know enough to read or ask there, but you could try it. I bet they're nice folks.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Back
Top Bottom