This seems to be the place for introductions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newbie here, but excited to get going with diving! My name is Steve and I live in Washington State. I'll be getting my PADI open water certification this coming weekend (Oct. 9th & 10th) after I complete 4 open water dives in the Puget Sound. I'm new to this, but very excited to get into this pasttime.

Also, I'll be going to Australia next month (November) and have booked a 3 day excursion to the Great Barrier Reef where I'll be diving as part of my vacation. I'm VERY excited about that!

I look forward to getting involved in the boards here, and I look forward to telling my "tales" of diving - especially since I'm experiencing all of this for the first time. I'm told it's like being in a different world.

Cheers!

Hi there and welcome to ScubaBoard! I'm from Washington myself... Burlington to be exact (about 60 miles North of Seattle..). Good luck with your final OW... make sure that you update us on whats going on... and if you get a chance, check out the PNW Orca Bait section... there is lots of information there about our very own neck of the woods! If you have any questions or problems, or you just want to chat, PM me! I hope to get to know you better!

Safe diving!
Kayla :dazzler1:

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Be sure to check out our New 2 Scuba forum, another on Australia, and when you get on the dive boat - ensure that everyone, especially the crew, knows that you are brand new at this.

Completing your Profile with location and seperately - your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

And if you're going to be in Houston Oct 16 - for the DEMA show or any other reason, you're even invited to a SB Bar-B-Q dinner! Click here: http://scubaboard.com/t73366-swampers-bbq-update-and-current-info.html or PM me for assistance in signing up for it. Dee wanted to know sooner, but she can squeeze a few in late. I wouldn't miss this for anything! :thumb:

don :shades:

Heya Steve, welcome to the board!!!! looks like you have a full plate on your hands that will equal tons of fun for you. Let us know how this weekend goes for you, we always love to hear about someone's first dives (just post a new thread). Take lots of pictures in Oz, it's truly a beautiful country...

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to the board and good luck this weekend on the cert dives. I'll tell you from experience this is a GREAT group of people - always willing to help out.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Good luck with your class. It sounds like your going to get started right with a really cool trip right away! We look forward to your tales both "tall" and "not-so-tall". :D

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome. I can honestly say that I'm one of those "new" divers that is looking to jump in feet first (pardon the obvious pun)... but right from the start I had a feeling that I was going to do this recreationally beyond my trip to Australia. In fact, I have been able to purchase a really awesome starter cold-water diving set-up from a very nice fellow on Ebay. I just got the gear this evening, and everything is in fantastick shape. It's not top of the line gear, but for $500 (the price I paid), I got a bargain. (I priced out all of the components before I made my bid on Ebay).

Anyhow, I will most definitely post of my first open water dives and the new experiences I feel. I realize many of you are probably "old hat" to diving, but I'm definitely looking forward to experiencing a new adventure and hobby!

Cheers!

Hello there,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to help greet a new member! :happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom