DM in SoCal--new to SB!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harley1962

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Howdy All!

I'm a PADI DM with about 350 dives, and just found this great resource!

Would be interested in reading about good dive destinations for Xmas/ New Year's time--prefer liveaboards, but unfortunately, cost IS an issue...would like to keep cost around $1500 for eveything (including air from LA) for 5-7 days diving--hopefully somewhere "tropical"!

Where else is a good place to post for ideas and suggestions on this??

Thanks in advance,
Harley

welcome to the board harley, and as u said yourself- you got a great resource here to find out anything you eed to know!

SF

Hello there Harley,
Welcome to Scuba Board - the greatest online place, the fastest growing, and the nicest! You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers about scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and safe diving from Matt. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome Harley! What part of SoCal are you from? I'm from SAn Diego but living in Waterless Hell *aka* Atlanta!

Wish I could help you with cheap tropical liveaboards - Blackbeards is the only one I have heard of as being "cheap."

Anyway good luck and enjoy the board!

Kimber

Harley1962:
Howdy All!

I'm a PADI DM with about 350 dives, and just found this great resource!

Would be interested in reading about good dive destinations for Xmas/ New Year's time--prefer liveaboards, but unfortunately, cost IS an issue...would like to keep cost around $1500 for eveything (including air from LA) for 5-7 days diving--hopefully somewhere "tropical"!

Where else is a good place to post for ideas and suggestions on this??

Thanks in advance,
Harley
Hardly any destination is cheap that week, but - a few of us are going on a Blackbeards to the Bahamas that week. It's in your price range! There's a lady DM from the Northwest, a lady newbie from Detroit, and this fumbling diver from Texas, plus many other non SBs. They've been full for some time, but vacancies will appear as the rest of the money comes due this month. PM me if you'd be interested. :crafty:

Anyway - Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

Completing your Profile with location and seperately - your Dive Info will help in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. Sizing a photo for your profile or Avatar can be a challenge; I'm a fumbling amateur, but I get the job done, if you'd like any help?

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message."

And if you're going to be in Houston this tonight - for the DEMA show or any other reason, you're even invited to a SB Bar-B-Q dinner! Click here: http://scubaboard.com/t73366-swampers-bbq-update-and-current-info.html or PM me for assistance in signing up for it. Dee wanted to know sooner, but she can squeeze a few in late. I wouldn't miss this for anything! :thumb:

Call me at 806-292-1855 for a ride!

don :snorkel:

welcome harley,

hey, a liveaboard that I want to do is right out of So cal to isla de guadalupe to do the cage diving there. It is a little more than my (and possibly your) budget unless you save the airfare and put that towards the trip.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Spend some time in the SoCal section of our California Kelp Divers forum and you'll find a bunch of people to go diving with here in SoCal.

As far as tropical trips go, you may want to start checking out the different travel forums we have here on ScubaBoard.

Don't forget to fill out your profile and dive info, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically from your profile, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Heya Harley, welcome to the board!! No clue on the airfare, but you can stay in Key Largo for a week (it's not a liveaboard but, hey it's tropical) pretty cheap. Good luck, let us know if you find something amazing :fruit:

Cheers,
Vickie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom