New to board and diving not to the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flextime

New
Reaction score
New to the board but not to the water. Like to thank the midwest for taking all the snow from the northeast this year we payed our dues last year. we start baseball season today on our campus. Holding off on diving however till it warms a little. Boat will go in the bay late april diving as soon as another brave sole jumps the transom with me.

Similar to Scubahe I am traveling to Mauii this July. I'm interested in wetsuit needs. I however am blessed with a natural sweater and use a 7 mill suit in our warm climate of Cape Cod. Down to 50 degrees at 60 feet. What is the water temp on the other side of the planet in HI. so I can compare. As well I am looking for dive information or contacts in the Napali area. We will be staying at the Napali shores condos. Looking to dive from shore and need to visit the crater of Moula ki.

Thanks for your assistance and have a happy

Hi Flextime, welcome to ScubaBoard.
You may try posting your questions about Hawaii here for a better reply. Hawai’I O’hana
The Napali coast is very nice and I'm sure you won't need a 7 mil there. I snorkelled in the area and the water is quite warm.
David

Flex, last time I dove Hawaii in July the water was 78 degrees...........now for you that probably sounds like bath water but for me it was a 6 degree drop in my avg. Yep, I'm spoiled!

Welcome to SB flextime! Can't wait until it gets above 40 out here! Haven't dove Hawaii but after diving these waters, I'll bet you could get away with a 3mm out there-just a guess though

Welcome to the Scubaboard flextime,

Have fun exploring all the different forums. Be sure to check out the local forums for your area.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom