hello all...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDMerk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to the board. Ive been diving for a short while. I have a dozen or so OW dives under my belt and thought I should subscribe to an online community because it looks like diving might become my new obsession. Right now i'm diving a set of vintage hand-me-down equipment consisting of an old Sherwood Magnum regulator with oceanic delta I octo, oceanic (one dump valve) BC, and an Orca Phoenix which works suprisingly well for a 20 year old electronic device. Im thinking of upgrading to a Sherwood SR1 and Scubapro Knighthawk BC...anybody have opinions on these?

I do not have the equipment you are looking into so I can offer little useful advice on it, but I will be the first to welcome you to :sblogo:. You have joined a group who also has an obsession and there is a vast wealth of knowledge here which you will definitely be able to benefit from. As you get more experience, you will be able to help those new members who ask for advise and assistance. Welcome.

Welcome to the ScuabBoard! Got no opinion for you but definitely upgrade!

Actually I will ask a couple of questions and maybe make a general gear suggestion. What have you been renting? Have you been renting jacket style BC's? Have you ever dove with a rear inflate (as I recall I believe the knighthawk is a rear inflate). I would suggest no matter what that you look at the possibility of a BP&W simply because it has several advantages today and you can grow with it in the future. I do think that you will likely be reasonably happy with the knighthawk (I personally do not like the AirII option which I think the knighthawk came from but other divers do....you decide for yourself) if you decide to go that way. But do what you can to look at a BP&W.

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom