Need input on Islamorada and Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sleepyscu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I am new here in ScubaBoard and would really appreciate getting as much info on the best dives to do in Florida. I booked my travel for April 17 - 21, 2009. I have read a lot about a lot of the dive sites and I need to do a good plan on where and when I should be doing a site/location on certain days I will be there.. any input is welcome. Thanks.

Welcome sleepy. You'll have a blast in the Keys. Start with this sticky in the FL Conchs Forum http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/231435-florida-keys-guide.html#post4258797 which is loaded with info and use the SEARCH feature to find recent posts about the Keys - this is a frequently asked topic and there is quite a bit of info on diving, dive sites, water temps, lodging, dining, trip reports, etc. You'll read about frequently praised dive ops - there are many to choose from depending on the type of diving &/or training you wish to do. Several of the Keys dive ops folks are part of the Scubaboard family and are more than happy to answer your questions.

I loved diving in KL. You will too.

Well I am a PADI DM, and I will be bringing a full HD underwater video. Love to see big ones, nice visibilities, wrecks and colorful corals.

Found a great article in the June 2008 of Scuba Diving. I read that Davis Reef, Pleasure Reef, and Crocker Reef are wonderful. I also, went to Scuba Diver Girls and asked them to help me find some info for some girls that are heading there in May, they twittered the info out.

In that case, don't miss the Eagle (Islamorada), the Duane (Key Largo) the Spiegel Grove (Key Largo), French Reef - Christmas tree caves (Key Largo) or Molassas Reef (Key Largo). Davis Reef out of Tavernier has lots of large Green Morays, but the coral is in sad shape.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom