PDIC International Under New Ownership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDIC Intl

Registered
Reaction score
If you haven't heard, PDIC International is now under new ownership! In an effort to keep in touch and up to date, we have created this account. This is the offical account for PDIC on Scubaboard. Great changes have already been made in the few short months since the change took place. We are aware that there have been issues in the past, but we are moving forward. Please feel free to contact Haly (that's me) here or at info@pdic-intl.com if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Please tell us about the changes that have been made, and about yourself Haly.

As a holder of a PDIC certification, I am pleased to hear of your positive attitude going forward.

Please feel free to present your strategy for PDIC's revitalization.

Indiana?
The Hoosier state --Notre Dame football, Indy 5000, superbowl now PDIC INTL!'

I note that you are in northern Indiana!

I also note there is not one PDIC INTL instructor listed from Indiana!--Why?
Are you a business person or a diver? Or a combination ? Business person/Diver? or Diver/Business person?

Haly (that you!) Inquiring divers want to know......

SDM

Thanks for the welcome!

A brief background, PDIC was purchased by Tom Leaird. He has a lifetime of experience in the scuba industry serving on the board of directors for DEMA, worked extensively for the YScuba program, is an author of numerous scuba programs and he is a scuba instructor trainer and has been for decades. He is also a independent business owner of his own dive store with staff serving much of Indiana. He is now PDIC's new President and CEO. We are happy to be in our new offices in Indiana, and I'm not sure why Indiana wasn't represented in PDIC, but I know that has changed.

We are preparing to launch a new website which will have more up to date information on our PDIC leadership. Slowly but surely we are going in the right direction. It has been a huge (yes HUGE!) undertaking trying to organize the records of all PDIC Leadership and members, and that still continues. And we are grateful for everyone's patience they have shown so far. We are working hard on improving customer service, if you call, you will get a friendly voice and turn around time for certifications and replacement cards has greatly improved- usually only a day or two, and course materials are in the process of being updated.

As for me, I'm the PDIC associate and assistant to our Executive Director Thadeus Bowden. I am in charge of keeping people up to date, answering questions, sorting out issues and all things in between!

We will continue to keep our PDIC instructors and members informed.

Is there some lash-up between SEI and PDIC (current or planned)?

That a great question! Both PDIC and S.E.I. are continuing to operate as seperate companies, and currently there is no plan to merge or "phase out" PDIC. Our goal is to continue and improve the legacy of PDIC.

Back
Top Bottom