HOWDY FROM BC< CANADA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OPWADVR

New
Reaction score
Hey, new to Scuba, just finishing up my open water course, and I think I'm allready addicted. So anybody know what gear I should get.. I was looking at the Dacor Rig 2 for my BCD, but I don't know if I should by used or new.. and I have know clue what to look for in a Regulator.. so.. yah..

thanks

OPWADVR:
Hey, new to Scuba, just finishing up my open water course, and I think I'm allready addicted. So anybody know what gear I should get.. I was looking at the Dacor Rig 2 for my BCD, but I don't know if I should by used or new.. and I have know clue what to look for in a Regulator.. so.. yah..

thanks
Congratulations and welcome to the club!
The first step is to do the research, go to your LDS and ask, check the net but remember what kind of diving you'll be doing and where. Look at magazine reviews (Diver magazine focuses on the Pacific NorthWest). If you look at used gear bring someone that's exipienced (no sense in buying junk). But I can't stress enough to continue your relationship with your local dive shop, they will be the place you turn to time and time again. They will have the gear that works and the service and the support. Best of Luck, see you down under!

Glad you found us! This is a great place to spend your SI, but watch out, it's as addictive as diving.

As Deco says, developing a good relationship with your local LDS will go far. Do your research, and ask questions before you buy. If at all possible try the equipment out in the pool. If the LDS sells it as part of their line, they usually have "pool" equipment of the line.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Just send me your credit card and address. I'll have the right stuff delivered...

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile...

:D

Welcome aboard. You'll certainly find no shortage of advice and opinions here.

If you haven't noticed it yet, the site has a handy search tool that you can use to look for threads on whatever topic you're wondering about.

And as DivingGal mentioned, if you can beg or borrow gear to try out in the pool it's a great way to get a feel for whether you like it or not before you drop your credit card on the counter.

WOw, holy smokes you guys are quick at responding.. Thats amazing.. but yah thanks for the advice. I'll definatley keep in touch with my LDS and you guys of course. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom