New diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannydiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got certified and wanted to join a group to find out info on good dive spots in Australia. I heard the southern part of the Great Barrier Reef is good around Bargara near Bundaberg. Can anyone tell me about this area? Also when is the best time to go?
Any info anyone can give me will be good.

Cheers Mate (practicing my Aussie talk so I'll be ready)

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Check out our Australia & the Pacific Islands forum for more information about that area.

Don't forget to fill out your profile, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Howdy!

Welcome to SB. I hope to get to know you around the forums.

Please do complete your Profile, as it'll help with discussions.

I've heard great things about the Great Barrier Reef, but we have lots of great places around the US to practice your skills, be sure you're ready to make the most of it.

don :wink:

dannydiver:
Hi,

I just got certified and wanted to join a group to find out info on good dive spots in Australia. I heard the southern part of the Great Barrier Reef is good around Bargara near Bundaberg. Can anyone tell me about this area? Also when is the best time to go?
Any info anyone can give me will be good.

Cheers Mate (practicing my Aussie talk so I'll be ready)

Hello from Matt,

Welcome to ScubaBoard ! :1poke: I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

Benvenuto a bordo from the middle of Mediterranean sea. :azvatar:
and to the underwater world :fish:
Once you start you can not stop. We all like the nitrogen in our blood…

Heya and Welcome to the ScubaBoard! glad you stopped by! This place has a wealth of knowledge to offer divers of any level. As for Australia, I've only ever dived the west coast, but it sure was amazing. It's totally different over there, every body just seems so nice and layed back. I dont know where your location is (you might want to update your profile) but it's alot like the Florida Keys, everyones very layed back and someones always wanting to buy you a beer. (could be a gender thing :) )

Cheers!

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

My wife, baitedstorm, went to Australia. She told me the diving in Exmouth was like diving into "Finding Nemo".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom