UK Light Cannon opinions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duncan Campbell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got the UK Light Cannon. I wanted some opinions on it. Let me know what you think...

Great white light, batteries last quite a few dives. No problems. I don't use the diffuser though.

Its a great light, but mine eats batteries. Pick up the rechargable battery pack for like 50 bucks from LP.

Has anyone had to replace the bulb? Do you have to be EXTREMELY careful or is it somewhat resilient? How much are the replacements?

I've had to replace the bulb...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=24166

You shouldn't have to unless you drop it / whack it good and hard against something. It's fairly tough, it just can't handle shock.

Replacement bulb is $75-100.

-Brandon.

The only thing you should be aware of is that you have to use Duracell batteries. (If you do not get the rechargable pack) It has something to do with coatings on battery ends. They are not all the same and some types do not allow a good contact with the contacts in the light. This has caused some complaints about the lights cutting out etc. Now maybe this is no longer an issue, but when I switched to Duracells, no problems whatsoever. I heard the light was designed to use them.

You will love the light. Go bright, or go home.

I was thinking of selling one I got about 4 months ago. It is bright and all but I was thinking of going with a can light. How much would I get for a used light cannon?

DTB1981:
I was thinking of selling one I got about 4 months ago. It is bright and all but I was thinking of going with a can light. How much would I get for a used light cannon?

I think UK changed the MSRP on a new light cannon to $200 bucks a couple years back, and the bulbs are right around $100.

I'd ask $125 or so, see if anyone bit.

-Brandon.

I will give you $50.

I just bought mine...used. I think I got a pretty good deal. $100 CAD... Can't go wrong. I am really impressed with the light quality...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom