21w handheld hids?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a pretty good light with just one disadvantage. You need a lot of force and a special tool to remove the head. So this is not a light for holiday divers who fly. You have to remove the bulb for flights. That is not so easy with this light. Anyway, it is a good light for a very good price. But to be honest, the 24W Version is the better one if you want to have a powerfull light. 21W is already bright (about as bright as a 50W halogen light), but the 24W can even compete with a 75W halogen light.

Greetings, Michael

Greetings, Michael

micbu:
This is a pretty good light with just one disadvantage. You need a lot of force and a special tool to remove the head. So this is not a light for holiday divers who fly. You have to remove the bulb for flights. That is not so easy with this light. Anyway, it is a good light for a very good price. But to be honest, the 24W Version is the better one if you want to have a powerfull light. 21W is already bright (about as bright as a 50W halogen light), but the 24W can even compete with a 75W halogen light.

Greetings, Michael

Greetings, Michael

why do you have to remove the bulb when flying?

Hi,

because nearly all airlines demand you to do so. (Lufthansa, Quantas, Hapag Lloyd, Emirates, Ryan Air, ........) . I do not know anything about Philippine airlines, but there are many others that will not allow you to enter the plane with a working light.

Greetings, Michael

Spoon:
anyone here try something like this, just wondering how this one fares. lets just say i can get one for slightly more than a uk light cannon. anyone have experience with this?

http://www.salvodiving.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=1914

I hate to be the one to say this but batteryspace raised their price on this light to $399 today. Guess they were selling a bunch of them or it was a pricing mistake that came to someone's attention.

Hi,

the manufacturer Brightstar demands to sell the light for that price.

Greetings, Michael

Mine just arrived in the mail yesterday from Battery Space. I got it for $299, before they raised the price. I haven't had a chance to take it underwater yet, but even on land it was awesome. Last night I turned off all of the lights in my house and it lit the place up like it was daytime. The regular light generates a nice tight beam and the accessory flood filter produces a very even, dispersed light. Can't wait to take in on some wrecks / night dives. Assuming it doesn't flood, I think I'll be very happy with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom