Metalsub Cable Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Any once know about brand Metalsub Cable light?

Thank in advanced, you help is much appreciated

Jason

Hi Jason,

I've never used a Metalsub light; I don't think they make make canister lights in the conventional (tubular delrin/plastic battery canister) sense...

The Metalsub lights utilizes a "light weight metal housing with a chemical hardened surface layer" to "house" the battery - they look superficially similar to the old Patco "canister-less" lights.

Anyway, my limited can light experiences have been with my 18W Salvo and various borrowed Halcyon lights.

Vie

Hi Vie,
I used Halcyon Helios canister light, easy get spare part in Hong Kong.
friend recommended Metalsub but I never know about this stuff before purchase from him.

Thank
Jason :D

Vie:
Hi Jason,

I've never used a Metalsub light; I don't think they make make canister lights in the conventional (tubular delrin/plastic battery canister) sense...

The Metalsub lights utilizes a "light weight metal housing with a chemical hardened surface layer" to "house" the battery - they look superficially similar to the old Patco "canister-less" lights.

Anyway, my limited can light experiences have been with my 18W Salvo and various borrowed Halcyon lights.

Vie

They're Dutch. Excellent lights made from some kind of high grade aluminium that can take a very serious beating. They have an incredible 50w HID light. It's the brightest divelamp I've ever seen. You can just about vaporize your divebuddy with it if you're not careful... LOL. A friend of mine has one of these and it's out of this world.

It's not a traditional canister light, though. You need to attach the battery to your tank with a special quick-release bracket.

their website is www.metalsub.nl

R..

Thank you for your information.

Diver0001:
They're Dutch. Excellent lights made from some kind of high grade aluminium that can take a very serious beating. They have an incredible 50w HID light. It's the brightest divelamp I've ever seen. You can just about vaporize your divebuddy with it if you're not careful... LOL. A friend of mine has one of these and it's out of this world.

It's not a traditional canister light, though. You need to attach the battery to your tank with a special quick-release bracket.

their website is www.metalsub.nl

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom