Blackbeard Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstroupe

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings all, I'm trying to plan a dive trip for this fall and I think I might get the best bang for the buck by going the Liveaboard route. I thought about Blackbeard's and wanted to solicit feedback from anyone that may have dove with them in the past.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining me drop me a line and we can talk about some options...could save some money :D !

Thanks!

click on search and put in the word "blackbeards".

You'll find tons and tons of threads on this subject.
It's a very populer past subject and you'll find lots
of good research.

mike_s:
click on search and put in the word "blackbeards".

You'll find tons and tons of threads on this subject.
It's a very populer past subject and you'll find lots
of good research.

DOH...you're right...Thanks!

gstroupe:
Greetings all, I'm trying to plan a dive trip for this fall and I think I might get the best bang for the buck by going the Liveaboard route. I thought about Blackbeard's and wanted to solicit feedback from anyone that may have dove with them in the past.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining me drop me a line and we can talk about some options...could save some money :D !

Thanks!
I've done two Blackbeard's trips and have a third and forth trip already booked with a group of friends. Can't say enough good things about the company, the office staff, the boat crews and the diving. Well worth the money. If I can weasel more time off from work, I'll squeeze in another one somewhere. Well worth the cross country flights. I have to take three flights using a whole day just to get there but it is definately worth it.

You'll love Blackbeards if you are a "diver". There is plenty of good diving at a bargain rate. Do know that it is not in any way a luxury cruise--simple but tasty meals, crowded conditions, small bunks, no frills. But the staff are friendly and helpful, air fills are done in place (no tank swapping), and the dive sites are excellent.

theskull

Agreed....you can't beat Blackbeard's for the price. We've done two trips with them when they were based out of Florida (now, that was a super deal~!) and it was dive, dive, dive. The trick is to draw a boat with a good cook:>}

As of 1999, they did not having holding tanks and its easy for fellow passengers to "flush" on divers in the water. You can expect the crew to get ripping drunk when you're in port and be a bit 'inattentive' on the next day's dives. No nitrox (as of 1999). I won't be going back.

rjack321:
As of 1999, they did not having holding tanks and its easy for fellow passengers to "flush" on divers in the water. You can expect the crew to get ripping drunk when you're in port and be a bit 'inattentive' on the next day's dives. No nitrox (as of 1999). I won't be going back.

Good points. Confirms emphatically that it is not a luxury cruise, not for everyone.

Direct flush, big deal, the solution to pollution is dilution.
Inattentive crew after port night, fine with me as long as they can park the boat where I want to dive.
Air is still the breakfast of champions--most of the Blackbeards dives were shallower anyway, and the surface intervals were long because the boat is slow. Noone on board our excursion even mentioned it.

theskull

Lets put it this way, there is a beer tap at the end of the gear rack.

Awesome value for you money. As far as inattentive goes, most passengers are ripped drunk beside the crew in a port night - 2 port nights, never saw a crew member buy a drink.

Tons of diving, great food, friendly people, a wonderul experience. No more crossing now as they leave from Freeport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom