Any OTHER Belize liveaboard options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtns2sea

Registered
Reaction score
Besides Aggressor or Dancer? They're booked until May. Must be some competitors out there with such a strong market. Although nothing else is coming up online.

thanks!

I believe there is just the 2 live aboards running out of Belize city. They do the same itenary. There are many land based Belize options.

Next closest live aboards would be in Honduras?

There is also the zeppelin in Roatan if you like small dive groups.

Are you totally focused on an LOB? Have you considered something like staying out at Turneffe or going with Splash Divers out of Placencia on their Grand Slam?

Are you totally focused on an LOB? Have you considered something like staying out at Turneffe or going with Splash Divers out of Placencia on their Grand Slam?

How do you think the coral compares between these two types of trips?

Well, since there aren't any other LOB options, going from land each day will be great! Just heard/read that a lot of the great dives take all day to get to, so aren't realistic except by LOB.

However, being our first time in Belize, we can probably still get a lot out of any diving. Do Turneffe and Placencia get your highest recs over going out of San Pedro? Was also looking at Tobacco Caye where there are a lot of sites.

Thanks for the help!

All of my diving has been out of San Pedro but I've taken the all day trips out to Turneffe, halfmoon and Long Caye many times. These are wonderful dives and are accessed within a few minutes from Turneffe. I'm soon to be in Placencia and diving with Splash to do local dives but also their Grand Slam which is a 2 day trip that one dives all the way up to towards the Blue Hole, an overnight on an island, getting to be first boat at Blue Hole the following morning. Then the return trip hits different sites on the trip back. This will get me all of my favorite sites and some new that are supposed to be spectacular. The divers that have told me about this trip are people I find to be experienced and very credible. I've other nondiving friends that have spent lots of time in Placencia and love it. I'm quite excited. My suspicion is that my Belize trips in future will be divided time between my first love (San Pedro) and Placencia.

I'd have been to Placencia before and have even made plans to go but once im in my first love, I've just been unable to leave. This time I'm going to Placencia first!! Then we'll see if I can make myself go up to San Pedro. :)

Besides Aggressor or Dancer? They're booked until May. Must be some competitors out there with such a strong market. Although nothing else is coming up online.

thanks!

Has anyone tried Belize Sailing Vacations? They have a 65' catamaran live aboard dive charter advertised on their website.

Back
Top Bottom