over pressure valve " that flat o-ring in between inflator hose and BCD"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricPhotography92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All, "that flat o-ring in between inflator hose and BCD" , i think its called an over pressue valve? has a small leak releasing a little stream of bubbles, any ideas of a material i can use to make my own

What you are talking about is not an OPV. It is just a rubber gasket that creates a seal between the hose assembly and the bladder assembly. The easiest possible fix would be to take it out and reinstall it upside down. Chances are that it was just seated a little bit goofy and flipping it will give it a fresh sealing surface. If that is the case you wouldn't even have to make your own.

Instead of trying to make your own I would just order it from BCD Parts and Components - Dive Gear Express If you scroll down on the page you will see Bladder Flange Gasket - Female (outside/thicker/smaller) Fits between elbow / flange. It sells for 1.75. Chances are pretty good that it will fit your BC.

If you really do just want to make your own, any piece of rubber that is approximately the same thickness as your old gasket could be cut out by using your old one as a template.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom