Review of Mares Icon BCD - Very Happy!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyclone3565

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
what a great BCD!!!!!!!

I first tried this in the Florida caverns and then bought one right before the San Marcos River dive and now just got back from one week in Cozumel. I have also used it with my Drysuit in the Oklahome lakes. After my Zeagle I was skeptical, but have been extremely pleased and am very happy to have made the switch. I just bought my wife the ladies version, the Alikai (spelling). Thank you Mares for these great BCD's.

cyclone,

Thanks, we are really glad that you are enjoying the BC.

Best regards,

Phil

The Mares Icon appears not to be a jacket BC- which is what I have only dived in. Those who have tried it do you feel there would be a big transition form jacket to this back inflate style. Also anybody know of any distributors on BC westcoast for this product. Thanks!

PAX, from my experience, the main difference with back inflate bcds are that if you overinflate them at the surface, they tend to push you face down into the water. To avoid this, when at the surface, always inflate the BCD the minimum you need to be comfortably out of the water.

Also, back inflates keep you more hotizontal in the water in general, although I've found the difference to be slight when compared to my Mares Morphos pro, which is a jacket style...

Hope this helps!:coffee:

The Mares Icon appears not to be a jacket BC- which is what I have only dived in. Those who have tried it do you feel there would be a big transition form jacket to this back inflate style. Also anybody know of any distributors on BC westcoast for this product. Thanks!

I am looking into buying this. (I know this is a while ago:)) But for any other people reading this for the purpose of reviews, the Mares Icon BCD is a back inflate, not a jacket style BCD.

Back
Top Bottom