What kind of people are SBers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Im going to tell you a story. This summer I got hurt. Came back to Hawaii where my "wife" is stationed, and recieved spinal surgery. A week or so later as I can do nothing and I have not been home to Alaska in over a year I flew home and promptly watch my house burn down. So I start the rebuilding process without being to do so much as lift a hammer. This is mid July. Mid August my "wife" takes leave and goes on a weekend romp, without me. Several weeks later at her request I was to fly back home to Hawaii for some event she wanted me there for. Keep in mind Im trying to get a house built in Alaska before winter hits. Two weeks before the scheduled homecoming she tells me she wants a divorce. Whatever. Fine...I Get back to Hawaii and she has my stuff packed. I asked if she would show my Jeep on base so one of the troops could get a smoking deal on a new new Jeep. She refused! Im now screwed! I asked for help and OnFloat who I hardly know offered to show it at Kbay for me as well As Catherine and JB. Great! It has not sold so Im trying to ship it home. I have a deadline to get it to the shipper. OnFloat has to leave the island for a while and can not do it. He recrutes Puddle Pirate whom Ive never met. He got my Jeep yesterday and shipped it with a great deal of headaches for me today.
To OnFloat and Puddle Pirate, Catherine and JB. You guys are awsome! Esp Puddle Pirate who went out of his was for someone he does not even know. I cant begin to thank each and everyone of you enough. You are very special people.
And to Katekicks:lotsalove: Couldn't make it a year without cheating on me.

:clapping:

i believe divers in general are a really nice bunch of people but my experience with SB'ers is that they are a fantastic, friendly & helpful group of people that when needed will open their wallets, their homes, their time or their hearts to another SB'er

i hope with this year closing Brian you start heading to a great 2008 & beyond!!! (starting with a F A B Aussie december trip!!!)

Oh yea, I always come out on top, no worries. Just a minor stumbling block.

Some of the best :D

It is nice to know that people care, and there are so many on this board. With recent issues with my families health, my internet family really looked out for me. I was actually taken aback and very touched by what people are capable of doing. I would do the same without a second thought.

I am always looking to pay it forward...

Good Luck Brian...my best to you.

Oh man, I thought this was in the Whine and Cheeze forum and was expecting something else... :D

WC- Sorry you had a rough year and I'm glad you can take the time to look on the bright side and put things in perspective. That says a lot about you- that and trying to wear body armor on an airplane. :D

Those are some mighty good people you know :) The people here and the family spirit never cease to make me smile. That Catherine character though - I'd keep my eye on that one, hehehehehhe. :wink1:

right on, DIT. :D

:hugs: brian... there is a reason some people celebrate new year's. :hugs:

Oh man, I thought this was in the Whine and Cheeze forum and was expecting something else... :D

WC- Sorry you had a rough year and I'm glad you can take the time to look on the bright side and put things in perspective. That says a lot about you- that and trying to wear body armor on an airplane. :D

They TOLD me to wear it and told me not to take it off! Took it off anyway. Ever been arrested in a muslum country?

Brian I missed the house burning down :11: and spinal surgery :shakehead: but hopefully you’ve now got the magic # of 3 and it’s all good from now on.:10:
Wish I could help you with the Jeep.
XO
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom