New Song - Morning Rain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You really do have talent, I love seeing new stuff from you! :hugs:

Some more production notes: Guitars were laid down on an Ibanez hollow-body and the piano was played via my Alesis QS-8 digital piano.

I waited to EQ, compress, and add reverb until all the tracks were mixed down to a single track. I know that's kind of backwards, but it was late, and I just didn't feel like messing with it. I'm fairly pleased with how the mix came out... The more I do this, the more I'm convinced that as concerns mixing and mastering, "less is more."

Fish ...was that an Ibanez ArtCore? Funny how a hummbucker is so distinctive. I had an Ibanez GB-10 with a mini hummbucker flying off the neck ...darn thing had a resonace around "D" so any open D would feed back even at low volumes. The guitar is one of the guitars jacked out of my office last summer. I am a huge fan of Ibanez as well though my heart will always fall for Teles and Strats...

ps if the Cowboy Junkies ever need a ghost writer ...you are right in the pocket ...sweet job!

Thank you! The guitar doesn't seem to be an ArtCore. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago... It seems pretty quiet, and doesn't give much feedback. For this recording, I'm plugged into a little four-channel pre-amp, and then into the soundcard of the computer. When I'm just playing, I have a Fender Blues Junior tube amp. With the humbuckers and the tube amp, it has a rich, clear sound that just really lights me up! :)

Years ago, I had a Les Paul (not a "custom") and a Fender Twin Reverb amp. I still miss that setup a lot... The amp weighed 80 lbs, so it was a monster to haul back and forth to gigs and practices, but the sound was matchless. The Les Paul wasn't a picnic to stand and play, either. Seriously heavy guitar, especially compared to the Fender Strat that I also owned at the time.

In 1997, my daughter was born, and the combination of being uber-busy and not having a band, I quit playing. I just started playing again, around three months ago. I'd forgotten how much I loved it. :)

I have a Goya acoustic that I've owned for years, (put out by Martin), a Kramer electric that looks just like the Strat I used to have, but with the triangular Kramer headstock. The sound is a little fatter than the Strats, and it holds a tune better. The Ibanez was an early Christmas present from me to me. LOL :)

Glad you enjoyed the song. :) Thanks again!

Nice bit of music.
Good job!

I picked the trumpet up not long ago after many years away.
Can't really see myself not making music.

Music is Magic!

Thank you! The guitar doesn't seem to be an ArtCore. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago... It seems pretty quiet, and doesn't give much feedback. For this recording, I'm plugged into a little four-channel pre-amp, and then into the soundcard of the computer. When I'm just playing, I have a Fender Blues Junior tube amp. With the humbuckers and the tube amp, it has a rich, clear sound that just really lights me up! :)

Years ago, I had a Les Paul (not a "custom") and a Fender Twin Reverb amp. I still miss that setup a lot... The amp weighed 80 lbs, so it was a monster to haul back and forth to gigs and practices, but the sound was matchless. The Les Paul wasn't a picnic to stand and play, either. Seriously heavy guitar, especially compared to the Fender Strat that I also owned at the time.

In 1997, my daughter was born, and the combination of being uber-busy and not having a band, I quit playing. I just started playing again, around three months ago. I'd forgotten how much I loved it. :)

I have a Goya acoustic that I've owned for years, (put out by Martin), a Kramer electric that looks just like the Strat I used to have, but with the triangular Kramer headstock. The sound is a little fatter than the Strats, and it holds a tune better. The Ibanez was an early Christmas present from me to me. LOL :)

Glad you enjoyed the song. :) Thanks again!

Back in the day 79-81 I played in a fusion band ...we covered Return to Forever, Spiro Gyra, Yellow Jackets, Steely Dan, Larry Carlton/Crusaders, Santana, Mahavishnu Ochestra, Jeff Beck... tunes etc...I played Moonstone's both the Vulcan (solid body burly maple ...darn thing outweighed a LP by at least 5 lbs) and a M-80 (ES-335 Style) through a Twin Reverb ...Long since sold the Moonstone's (though I see they have become a collectors cult guitar, personally I grew out of them) I just put the Twin in storage last month ...nearly bulged a disk stuffing it in the storage shed. Wow that sound was so fat with a Tom Scholz Rockman and a MXR Phase 90...my ears are still ringing ...

Have since gone back to single coils like Strats and Teles ...though I do have a ES-335 I absolutely love ...sounds and plays like butter!. I too use a Blues jr with an Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-9 and a 4x10 Blues De Ville when I need to keep up with a Boogie Mark IV ...or a Marshall. I do have a Marshall JCM 800 50 watt Combo floating around San Diego somewhere (my buddy uses it regularly) when ever I get the need to crush someones skull!! ha ha ha. Thankfully the occasion is rare ...The Twin was a back breaker and really just to darn loud ...

I played in a Rock Band in the late eighties and am trying this week to post our demo album ...circa 1989 ..very late eighties type of Rock and Roll ...all original ...I'll post a link shortly to the demo tracks (need a .wma to MP3 converter so most likely will happen late this week) for a good chuckle !!!

Was listening to it today and had a very long walk down memory lane ...

I think I'm gonna get a Marshall 50 Watt Half Stack and do a 3 piece band playing Robin Trower/Mahogany Rush/Humble Pie Covers ...for some reason I got a bug up my tail for real seventies Rock ... (critckets chirping)

Nice!! Man... I'll bet you shred! I am 38 years old, so I grew up on everything from late 60's and the American Graffiti Soundtrack, to Elvis, to The Beatles, to Santana, Rod Stewart, David Bowie, the Beach Boys, Blue Oyster Cult ("Imaginos" is my favorite album of all time!), King Crimson, Kansas, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Ratt, The Cure, The Cult, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, the Stray Cats, Psychedelic Furs, Guns 'n' Roses, Jesus & Mary Chain, Sisters Of Mercy, The Chameleons, and so many other great bands...etc.

Then the 90's hit: Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Tool, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Radiohead (I was big into them before anyone outside of England knew who they were), Type O Negative, etc.

I had a band in the early 90's, and we covered Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Beatles, Elvis, and a lot of original stuff, too. What a blast... I mostly played rhythm guitar and sang. I wouldn't have sung at all, but our lead vocalist turned into a real... "interesting fellow," and seemed to have fundamental creative differences with everyone else in the band. (i.e. We were all creative and on the same page, musically. Unless he was covering someone else's stuff, or able to take 100% credit for everything, he would have a tantrum.)

And yeah, for what I'm doing here in my house, the Twin Reverb would just be WAY too much. As it is, the Blues Junior just about blows me out of the room. LOL

Can't wait to hear your stuff, man. :)

Back
Top Bottom