Oh no, I missed The Metridium Fields!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

House Gecko

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, on my last dive I missed The Matridium Fields. Can anyone tell me what heading I should be on once I get to the end of the big pipe? I am going to try to find it again on Sunday.

Thank You,
House

Last edited:
I believe it's north...I don't actually use the compass direction per-se (should though, d'oh) but rather orient myself relative to the pipe, hanging a left 45 degrees relative to the pipe.

Last edited:
0 magnetic which as posted above is a 45 degree left off the end of the pipe. If you miss the heading miss toward NE as the Metridiums go east a long ways. Make sure you get out past the large kelp beds before dropping down and turning west to look for the large pipe. It's pretty well hidden in close to shore and there are several small pipes running the same direction.

It is true that if you head due north at the end of the pipe, you will hit the beginning of the metridium fields. But if you go a bit NW, you may miss them altogether.

If you just continue on in the direction that the pipe was taking you, you can't miss them.

Back
Top Bottom