Leisurepro.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamieb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew anything about leisurepro? They have prices way below what ive seen on the gear i want (oceanic delta iv for 325 and aeris atmos ai for 469).

It looks like they are registered dealers for other brands, but not these brands, and they seem like they have a pretty good reputation. Would this affect any warranties if I bought through them?

I was mostly just hoping to use their prices for a price matching program at my local shop, but I'm concerned that the advertized prices might not be honored if they arent authorized?

(yeah, its my first post, I have my ow dives this weekend in chilly Puget sound)

I'll let Doug answer this since you've posted here but afaik LeisurePro can only offer their own warranty service for gear purchased through them. Not that you can't pay to have it serviced at your local LDS - unless they're one of those that for some silly reason frown on that. Personally I've never let warranty service be an issue for me. I've had my Atomics regs bought from one dealer serviced at the other dealer in town, both cost me around $60. And another LDS just told me they can service them also.

ok, a little more browsing and I realize that this is not a new topic... I get the basic concept (they offer their own warranty, which is sorta the same, but maybe not really), but my question then is, how are their prices so much lower? Does the manufacturer set a minimum price for authorized dealers? Is that legal?

I understand the benifits of buying from a LDS, but 200 bucks on a reg and another 200 for my compter starts adding up...

LP..it's worth the savings for me.

I've made several purchases through them, and am very happy with them. Their warranty on computers is for the same length as manufactures on computers.

But do they actually have a service department? If you sent something back to them that didn't work, what would they do with it?

Ive heard yays and nays in this regard. I dont use them, but if you are looking for good equipment on the cheap, and registering and warranty from the manufacturer ain't issues for you, then i believe they are the way to go...

jamieb:
but my question then is, how are their prices so much lower? Does the manufacturer set a minimum price for authorized dealers? Is that legal?

QUOTE]

In the scuba industry, to be a dealer for most brands, the dealer must adhere to the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreement that is part of the dealer agreement.

What the MAP means is that a dealer cannot advertise a price that is below what is specific in the MAP agreement. For most brand they can sell it for what they want, but can't advertise it.

it's all different per brand also. For example, Oceanic has MSRP and a MAP price that is lower than MSRP. Dive Rite you can only advertise price at MSRP per the dealer agreement. Aqualung doesn't like you even advertising price, but you are supposed to sell at MSRP and can only discount it at a max of 10% per the dealer agreement.

You asked if it is legal? that's highly debateable.

Why does Leisure Pro sell for so much less? They aren't official dealers for all they sell so they don't have to follow the MAP guidelines.

But why buy from someone like this if a true dealer will match their price and give you full warranty? (Many shops will match their price and are full authorized dealers).

NJMike:
But do they actually have a service department? If you sent something back to them that didn't work, what would they do with it?

I'm not promoting purchasing from them, but there have been people on here that have purchased regulators from them that have posted that they sent them back to LP for annual service. So it appears they do have some sort of service department.

you can not have a win win on this or you pay the price and get the warranty or you save some box and take the chance, basically it depends on the type dives you do, if you go in deep to technical dives etc... don't take a chance on your reg. but you can buy a BP, wings etc...

I bought from them my Zeagle, service was great and they ship very quickly i will purchase again from them, but regulator I will keep my LDS for that, since you never know!!!! This is a life item down there!

I have bought lots of smaller stuff -masks, lights, fins, etc.- from Leisure Pro and they are fine. But for stuff where I care about the warranty - BCDs, regs, etc.- I like to buy from an authorized dealer. Scuba Toys offers the best of both worlds. They are good guys, authorized dealers and they will match Leisure Pro's prices.

Back
Top Bottom