Diving trip, late october/early november

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello!

I dont have an open water certificate although I do have experince from diving (6 dives, not deeper then 20 meters though)

The dream is wreck diving(penetration ofcourse) and I've read that coron bay is a great place for that. Will they let my dive some of the wrecks with my experience (keep in mind that I'll be getting more there aswell)

So would it be a good plan to go to Puerto galera to get my OW and AOW there, and hopefully get some driftdives and drop-offs and then after that go to Coron? Do you think it would be possible for me to do penetration wreck dives?

Also I'd like to go as cheap as possible, maybe 1100 dollars for the twelve days including food and accomondation.

What do you guys think might be a good itinerary for me and the twelve days with the goal to do a wreck dive?

Cheers

Martin

I think you should get OW certified first then take it easy and get a few dives under your belt before doing AOW and especially wreck penetration. It took me more than 15 dives just to be really comfy in the water (but that is just me). Just my 2 cents worth.

Dive safe.

uh....get the proper training first? ...that would be a great start to a vacation of diving

Hello!

I dont have an open water certificate although I do have experince from diving (6 dives, not deeper then 20 meters though)

The dream is wreck diving(penetration ofcourse) and I've read that coron bay is a great place for that. Will they let my dive some of the wrecks with my experience (keep in mind that I'll be getting more there aswell)

So would it be a good plan to go to Puerto galera to get my OW and AOW there, and hopefully get some driftdives and drop-offs and then after that go to Coron? Do you think it would be possible for me to do penetration wreck dives?

Also I'd like to go as cheap as possible, maybe 1100 dollars for the twelve days including food and accomondation.

What do you guys think might be a good itinerary for me and the twelve days with the goal to do a wreck dive?

Cheers

Martin
Hi Martin, you can do your Open Water Training in Coron/Busuanga Island. Bare in mind that some of this wrecks start at the surface and some you can dive easy shallower then 18 meters. Many of our final dives for open water training are on wrecks. For wreck penetration you will need some extra experience and training as you go along.

I suggest you do one of two things:
1) Get certified, enjoy diving, and start to build up some experience (dozens of dives) before you think of doing wreck penetration training.
2) Purchase a life insurance policy with no scuba diving restrictions.
While you might get away with a fast track approach to wreck penetration just fine in 98% of your lifetimes, is wreck penetration so special that you want to risk this particular lifetime?

Martin,
With a budget of around US$1,100.00 and you would like to cover all the daily expenses(12 days) + OC and AOW training as well as the transfer to Coron and complete few more dives there!!!!!!
The diving courses(OW + AOW) and few more fun dives afterwards to improve your basic skill should eat away at least half your proposed budget.
What do you mean by wreck penetration? This is a completely different ballgame and require special training eg. PADI do not offer technical wreck training. While ANDI, IANTD, TDI and some other agency do. And before you can enrol for the course, you have to be a fully certified technical divers first!!!
My 1 cent suggestion is do your OW and AOW, enjoy few more recreational dives. When you are more proficient under water then you can think about technical diving.

Take one step at a time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom