Camayan Beach Resort Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got back from a great day of diving in Subic Bay with Yuan at the Camayan Beach Resort and I have to say that it is a great place to go diving. We arrived and got our gear set-up, most of the rental gear was new or looked new. Once our gear was set-up we got a preliminary dive brief about the dives planned for the day first would be the LST then back to the beach for lunch then back out to the El Capitan for our second dive.

We then had a bit of free time until the boat got back in from taking another group out. Once the boat arrived there were mates standing by to load our gear into the boat for us, we just had to grab our mask, fins and weights. Once we got everything situated we were on our way to the first dive site. At the end of the 5 minute boat ride we hooked up to the buoy and finished gearing up and were in the water for our first dive. The water was great compared to the cold water that I am used to in Japan. Visibility was about 20-25 feet and we descended to the wreck and did a partial circle around the wreck and then did a penetration through the wreck and out the find ourselves in a school of barracuda with momma up above us. We also had a cuttlefish that joined us as well. We began our ascent did a 40ft deep stop and our 15ft stop and then were back on the surface to hop back on the boat for the ride back to the dock.

Upon arriving back at the doc we were informed that they would switch our gear over for us to fresh tanks and that we could go grab some lunch from the restaurant for our surface interval. We checked out the restaurant and grabbed the fish of the day and prawns for lunch and they were awesome, all four of us had the same thing and agreed that they were great. After we ate we had some time to kill so we did some snorkeling and free diving under the shop where there were tons of different types of fish hiding in the shadows. A little later the dive boat pulled back in from the other group’s second dive and when we were ready we hoped in for our 3 minute ride to the El Capitan.

Upon arrival at the El Capitan we were getting in the water when my buddy dropped one of my lights that I was letting him borrow. Yuan said to not worry and that we would start our dive retrieving the light and he did not disappoint, we descended down only to find that the light had rolled off the side of the wreck so we had to go down to the sea bed to find it, but once it was located we moved on to the wreck. Once again we did a penetration through the wreck and came out on the other side and then Yuan had us go through a tighter squeeze in another part of the wreck that required us to twist and move around a bit to make it through. We all made it through with no problems and came back out the same hole. Then he took up to an air pocket and we stayed there for a little bit then made our way through the area where the screws used to be and along the top of the wreck did our 15 foot safety stop and came back up and we all loved it.

Unfortunately we could not stay later after the dives hang out and try out the menu at the bar or the hotel facilities, but for the diving side of the house, we were not disappointed at all with anything that we had done. All the staff was very knowledgeable and did their best to cater to us. They even cleaned off our personal gear for us after the dives were over. I highly recommend Yuan and the Camayan Beach Resort for anybody that makes the trek to Subic Bay.

Kyle

Were you guys out there on Monday?

If so I think I saw you or the other group you refer to out on the LST and on the USS NY. Hope you all had a great visit to Manila and the Philippines, and it won't be too long until you all come back to visit.

I'll have to go up to Camayan some time, take the wife and kids, and let them check out Ocean Adventure while I spend the day diving...

I was out on Tuesday so I just missed you by a day. There was another group from a different shop on the LST, but we did not get the USS New York, possibly next time.

I was out on Tuesday so I just missed you by a day. There was another group from a different shop on the LST, but we did not get the USS New York, possibly next time.
Hey all this is Mark the manager of Cmayan Divers. Thanks for the kind words will be sure to pass them on to yuan.We look forward to your next visit.
Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom