Familiar with Cha Cha Cha Dive shop in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have been diving with Edmundo Torres of Cha Cha Cha for 20 years. He is absolutely the BEST. He knows the islands, the reefs and can read the currents. He won't disappoint!

My wife and I, as well as our group of friends have been diving with Edmundo for about 12 years, at least once a year. We just came back from Cozumel 3 weeks ago and dived with him for 7 days. Chachacha is a small shop in an alleyway right around the corner from the Casa Mexicana hotel next to two jewelry and souvenir shops. Edmundo and his family live in a large apartment over the shops, which he owns and rents out.

Edmundo is somewhat of a local fixture on Cozumel, having been in the diving community there for more than 40 years. He knows the reefs like the back of his hand from Barracuda to Punta Sur. He has one fast boat with 2 brand new 60hp outboards. It will comfortably carry 7 divers. Edmundo does the guiding himself, and has a steady boat captain who, of course, stays with the boat.

You can pick where you want to go and how you want to dive, although he does politely and unobtrusively assess your skills before doing the deep hard dives.

The operation is pretty informal. I don't know what he does for other people, but he has never asked for a deposit, or insisted we pay if we can't make a dive. I think you will find that his prices are among the more reasonable on the island.

Check out Chachacha's many reports on Trip Advisor. Most of them are 5 star and his overall rating is 5 star. There are a couple of whiners there, but you will probably will be able to see through them.

Give me a message if I can answer any other questions. Obviously, I love the guy.

This question is almost 10 yrs old, hopefully they made a decision by now :rofl3:

This question is almost 10 yrs old, hopefully they made a decision by now :rofl3:

Funny. A guy joins and responds to a nine year old post and has not posted again.

I made that mistake, too, when I was a new member. You don't know why it happens? Scroll down the page a bit and check out the dates on the suggested Similar Threads.

So, you're new, a topic down there looks interesting, you comment on it without ever thinking of looking at the date - it's a recommended thread - and BAM! you get slammed by the veterans.

Might make one a little shy to post again. :idk:

There is a suggested similar threads? :confused:

Yep, down at the bottom of the page. The similar threads listed for this one are all 2002-2005 vintage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom