yet another LeisurePro thread (Atomic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackSpearo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm getting pretty close to buying my gear, but I'm split between the T2 and the B2...Now I know that a lot of people out there don't see any major differences between the Atomics, but I think the T2 tested better than the B2...I mean, my local dive shop wants to sell me a B2 at around 750 ish, whereas LeisurePro has the T2 for 899. If I'm dropping this much money on one reg, what is less than 200 more bucks?

I'm just concerned about LeisurePro's reputation. I mean, is this stuff 100% original? or is it knock off? Anyone buy their T2 from LP?

and if I did buy it from them, could I get them serviced at my LDS?(I called and asked them that, and they told me "sure, just don't tell them you got it online")

I'm a bit confused...Anyone have any opinions?

thanks,

Jack

Hello Jack
The problem for buying online is the service at your LDS goes down the drain, I bought a golem backplate/wing instead of an Apeks one from my LDS and man oh man the respect whent down the drain but since i Droped 3 grand cash for bunch of gear, they are little more happyer. I got my apeks xtx200 online at DiveTank, If i want to get the free service parts I have to send it to them or i spend money again at my Dive Shop to get them fixed plus They wont do as nice of a job on them I think, Reason being why should they care to service them super nice tip top shape if i dont buy them from there. There has been huge debats on this, But i think some stuff I will always get online but most will come from LDS just for the service.
Chris

I (opinion here) would not trust Leisure Pro with ..
A - a very costly purchase
B - a very costly regulator purchase

I would have to agree with both replys. There is only one online dive shop that I would trust and that is Scubatoys. I trust them because they are authorized distributors for all the brands they sell. Plus they also have a real bick and mortar shop.
One other thing that you can try is to ask your LDS for a deal. From what I can tell by looking at the pricing on the web there is a very big mark up on SCUBA equipment. Which should give your LDS a chance to make some money and still give you a deal. My dive shop will match some online deals but you got to do your homework and ask.

You can't go wrong with Atomics, that said support your local dive shop if at all possible. Mine beat the online prices on the M1! You will never know if you don't ask.
Paul

I've bought many items including Atomic Regs from LP, No problems and saved a bundle.

My LDS also does not question where I got them when I bring them in for servicing. If they did, they would loose my business.

For the cost savings, I cannot find a better deal than LP or SCUBA Toys.

Take care,
john

If you have a good relationship with your local dive store, then you may be able to get a pretty good deal from them if you ask nicely. It might be difficult to get it down to the same level of LeisurePro, but well within range where having better access to service, the immediate gratification and the satisfaction of supporting the local guys is worth the small difference.

If on the other hand this does not work, then people do have good experiences with LP, so I wouldn't say that there is really "risk" involved.

BTW, the MSRP for an unsealed B2 is $699, a sealed $739, so I hope your quote of $750ish for the B2 includes sales tax, as otherwise they are screwing with you.

Just a point of inf - Liesure Pro is a "brick & mortar" dive shop. As well as an on line shop.
I personally have had no problems with them in any way over the years. service on products purchased from them has not been a problem either.

Buy from whoever you feel comfortable with - bottom line.
If you are uncomfortable buying from a sight unseen e-tailer vs. someone you look in the eye go for it! it's called insurance in some places.

well just for example, my LDS wants to sell me a Zeagle Stiletto for 599...I can get it through ScubaToys (which I will) for 379...and the LDS will only discount 15% (they said otherwise they could lose their license with Zeagle)

they tried to tell me ScubaToys wasn't a Zeagle dealer, but of course they are, which I told them, then they said ST must be having a close out, because they are breaking the law of Zeagle...

JackSpearo:
they tried to tell me ScubaToys wasn't a Zeagle dealer, but of course they are, which I told them, then they said ST must be having a close out, because they are breaking the law of Zeagle...
About now I'd be looking for a new LDS as yours is lying to you. Scubatoys is an authorized Zeagle dealer, PM ScottZeagle if you have any doubts.

Scubatoys will pricematch LeisurePro including a mfr's warranty. Doesn't apply to Atomic gear though.(later edit)

I've had a B1 and now have a T2. Same breathing, even upside down. The difference is the weight of the 1st stage and the improved corrosion resistance of the Titanium 1st stage on the T2 - you decide what that's worth to you. Whichever you get, get the swivel.

fwiw, I bought my B1 from another dealer in town. Had it serviced at my LDS. No comments from them about it(smart people) Cost me $60 including replacing all the parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom