Oceanic Delta 4.1 DVT or Aqualung Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mason417

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am still a new diver and I have lots to learn. Anyway, i rent and borrow gear and its time to finally buy.

I want to buy my first Reg. Which one you would suggest me to buy?

Oceanic Delta 4.1 DVT or Aqualung Titan LX? Which is a better breather or they about the same? By the way, the price is the same for both

Thanks.

Go with the Oceanic Delta 4.1 I believe it to be the better breather. Even if they were equal in breathing it would still be my advice based on Oceanic's superior customer service.
Also Oceanic enforces a MAP pricing structure where Aqualung enforces a MARP pricing structure. The difference is even thought the advertized price is controlled under both systems under the MAP system the dealer can discount the final price. Aqualung's MARP system sets the lowest authorized price and artifically keeps the prices higher than they should or could be.

Go with the Oceanic Delta 4.1 I believe it to be the better breather. Even if they were equal in breathing it would still be my advice based on Oceanic's superior customer service.
Also Oceanic enforces a MAP pricing structure where Aqualung enforces a MARP pricing structure. The difference is even thought the advertized price is controlled under both systems under the MAP system the dealer can discount the final price. Aqualung's MARP system sets the lowest authorized price and artifically keeps the prices higher than they should or could be.

I dont know about the pricing.. Oceanic is not that much cheaper. I priced out the probe lx bcd, delta 4.1, veo 250 wrist next to the AL pro qd bcd, Legend, Vyper wrist pc and it came out to only 55.00 dollars more than the oceanic gear. i dont see how everyone says Aqualung is so much more expensive. Maybe you can shed some light on me. Thanks

Oceanic Delta 4.1 DVT or Aqualung Titan LX? Which is a better breather or they about the same? By the way, the price is the same for both
Both are excellent regs and breathe very well. Both have DVT/ACD technology. I would based my decision on who is going to service your regs. As RAWalker says, Oceanic has excellent customer service. Over here in Europe, I'm using Aqualung for the same reason. Difficult choice!

I dont know about the pricing.. Oceanic is not that much cheaper. I priced out the probe lx bcd, delta 4.1, veo 250 wrist next to the AL pro qd bcd, Legend, Vyper wrist pc and it came out to only 55.00 dollars more than the oceanic gear. i dont see how everyone says Aqualung is so much more expensive. Maybe you can shed some light on me. Thanks

The big 2 (SP & AL) keep prices artificially high through predatory marketing practices. As a result, there is no incentive for the other players to be a LOT less expensive, That BC that probably wholesales for less than $50 in Vietnam is marked up many times over by the time it sells for nearly $500 in the US.

The prices are insane! There is just no possible way that those BCs are worth anything more than a couple of hundred bucks.

There is good news in the SP & AL pricing model. It leaves a lot of room for small players to enter the market. Competing on price is the least of their problems. What they need to concentrate on is name recognition.

Back to the regulator: The US Coast Guard, US Navy and NOAA have selected the Delta 4/FDX10 as their cold water regulator of choice. It's the regulator I bought for my wife although I had it converted to DIN. Hence DVT is meaningless. I don't think I want another valve in the middle of the airstream anyway.

Richard

It's the regulator I bought for my wife although I had it converted to DIN. Hence DVT is meaningless. I don't think I want another valve in the middle of the airstream anyway.

Richard

Can you explain your statement. You still can get water into the 1st stage of a DIN reg if you forget the dust cover, no?

Also my understanding is the DVT has no effect on performance, none.

Adam

Can you explain your statement. You still can get water into the 1st stage of a DIN reg if you forget the dust cover, no?

Also my understanding is the DVT has no effect on performance, none.

Adam

The DVT feature is not available on the DIN version.

It is probably correct that the DVT has no effect on performance. I wouldn't know.

What I do know is that in 20+ years on my Oceanic Omega II's, I have never had a problem that DVT would solve. Heck, I've never had a problem at all!

So, KISS, applies here. If DVT doesn't do something I need, I don't want it. More things = more things to go wrong.

I really think of DVT as a marketing gimmick or something to help the people that don't put on the dust cap before they rinse their regulator. Actually, the best way to do the rinse is under pressure. Hook the reg to an Al 50 and throw the whole mess in a bucket of clean water.

Maybe that's why I like my AquaLung Mistral single stage double hose regulator. There just isn't much to go wrong. Simple really is better.

For those that admire DVT, go for it! I wanted DIN more than I wanted DVT. But it was just a choice. Others will make a different choice.

Richard

I've got ACD on my AL Legend DIN.... :wink:

Because of the difference of pricing structure if you shop around you may be able to find a deal on the Oceanic products because although the dealers are restricted in the lowest price they can advertize they are allowed to discount the price if you call or walk in and ask.
Aqualung dealers can not discount Aqualung products bellow what Aqualung authorizes.
This is the difference in MAP and MARP.
As for what you priced the packages for, although I consider the BCs to be of equal quality and value IMHO the regulators and computers are another story. I consider the Oceanic regulator and computer to each be better than the AL/Sunnto package.
The Sunnto computers are considered by many (myself included) to be overly conservative. Even if you want more conservative the Veo can be set to conservative where the Sunnto has no adjustment.
As for the regs IMHO the Delta IV is simply a better breathing reg which has become a dominant choice for cold water.
So to sum it up you are getting better gear for the $55 less according to the pricing you already found. I'm sure you could widen the price gap by shopping around for lower prices on the same Oceanic package.

i use an oceanic eos with a fdx 10 dvt i can tell you it is one hell of a setup breathes easy and is just nice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom